Chapter 14

Russia POV
--------

" So," said Russia as Pip walked into the kitchen," Is he gonna be okay?"

" He should be fine," said Pip. Her hands were soaked in her friends blood and her clothes stained crimson." I just don't know," she said," I only learned some things from Germany before we left. Like how to do stitches, and what painkillers to give. I didn't learn how to keep someone who was just stabbed alive. Luckily the kings didn't go to deep, and he only needed some stitches and heavy bandaging. But he's on painkillers and is out cold. I don't know what else I can do."

" Hey, it's okay," said Russia," You did everything you could. You can go get washed up and rest, I'll keep an eye on him, see with he gets worse."

" He's a little out of it," said Pip," Be was conscious for a second, but loosing that much blood is messing with his head."

" What did he say," asked Russia.

" He asked if South was ready to go on patrol," her voice wavered," It's always what he used to ask, back in our old town. Ame and South would go on patrol together...they were so close, best friends."

" Hey it's okay," said Russia. He hugged Pip," It's okay, I'll keep an eye on him, you need rest. And don't worry, if he needs more painkiller I'll give him no more than two."

Pip just nodded. China walked up to Russia. And as soon as Pip was gone he whispered," Hey Russ."

Russia didn't look at him as he said," Hmm?"

" Things are bad man," said China," They'll be ready for us next time. We are here to fight, your here to plan and guide. Now that America's down, me and Pip are looking at you for orders. So, try to think of a plan."

China walked upstairs, probably to one of the guest rooms up there. Russia walked back into the living room. America was laying on the couch, his shirt was off, but his entire torso was wrapped in bandages. Kind of like a mummy that wasn't fully wrapped. Russia realized he would have to carry America down the hall to the guest bedroom downstairs, the one Russia had slept in only a few hours earlier. He always wondered why there had been a guest bedroom downstairs. He figured the people who lived here before probably had and elderly family member living with them, maybe they had trouble getting up the stairs.

Russia leaned his walking stick on the wall, braced himself, then picked up Ame. The old Russia could have picked him up easily. But the old Russia also would have probably thrown him off a cliff, so there was that. He staggered into the room, setting America down on the bed as gently as he could. He pulled the blanket over America's shoulders and then sat down on the bed next to America.

His hip had been hurting like crazy since that run out of the lab. They were getting kinda low on painkillers. Russia popped one in his mouth and swallowed it dry, then he laid down next to America, not getting under the blanket. He stared at the ceiling until he finally drifted off.