Chapter 20

Russia POV
--------

Russia took a deep breath. Here it was, where it all began. Where he was shocked, where he had begun to learn. Where his saying died, the old him dying with it. It all started right here. The room looked as if it had been repaired, the damage of the explosion a forgotten memory. He limped in, careful. He looked around the dark room.

He jumped as the lights turned on. He turned. Where Britain had stood about a month and half ago, America stood in his place. His red glowing eyes looking at Russia, intense, but not in the way that made Russia's face flush and his heart drop. In a way that made Russia feel a new feeling, he was about to die, and America would be the one with Russia's blood on his hands.

" Hey pretty boy," said America, his voice icy.

" America," said Russia," I won't fight you."

America pulled out his eyes upgraded blade and grinned," You don't have a choice."

" No, your right. I don't have a choice," said Russia," But you do. And it might sound really cliché and corny, but I believe you can take control again."

" Yeah," laughed America," Okay."

He advanced, his blade flicking back and forth. America smiled, his eyes wide. It was fucking terrifying. Russia tried to dodge away from America's first punch, but America twisted and kicked Russia right in the hip. Russia cried out and blindly swung a fist. America dodged easily and Russia fell. His hip was hurting so bad, the pain coming in waves. He screamed again.

" Wow, it only took one kick," said America, his voice amused," That's kinda sad."

He kicked Russia gain in the stomach. Russia cried out. He looked up at America. No, not America. This wasn't the kind, stubborn, reckless, and lovable America he knew. This was a monster that Britain had been waiting for years to use.

" Do whatever you want with me," spat Russia," But the others escaped, they'll find the kill switch and you know it. Your done."

America chuckled," I doubt they'll find it."

" What makes you so confident," said Russia.

America held up a small remote. On it was a single red button," Because I have it right here."

Russia could only stare. The thing America had searched for, was now in his hands, but he couldn't use it because he wasn't himself. Russia got to his feet. America made no move to knock him back down, only smiled wickedly. Because just like Russia knew, he knew. Russia lost. There was a scraping sound. A sound so familiar that Russia froze. He wanted to cry, to run screaming away. But his body wouldn't move. Every one of his scars started to burn. His hip still throbbed as he looked behind America. Three monsters. They didn't even see America, because he wasn't their prey. Russia was. He looked at America. America looked back, his red eyes triumphant.

" America," said Russia," I can't undo what I did in the past." He dropped his walking stick," I can't go back and stay, I can't go back and defeat those monsters, I can't go back and stop those people from taking China's arm, I can't go back and save you. But I can save you now, please just...give me the switch. Please."

America's grip tightened on the switch.

" Please Ame," said Russia," Philippines is out there, dragging China out of here. She's waiting for you. I'm here, begging you to come back..."

Russia took a step closer with each word until he was right in front of America," I'm here, We're here. We're here to take you home."

" To late," America moved to back away, but Russia grabbed his wrists.

" Ame," said Russia," Do what I didn't do."

Russia touched his forehead to America's.

" Stay."

America didn't move. He didn't pull away. He leaned in. Then they were together. Hand in hand, lip to lip. Russia put his hand on America's hand. They didn't separate. Russia felt the button. The Kill Switch. They separated for a brief moment.

" Thank you," breathed America," But if you press that switch, this place goes up in flames and smoke."

" No," breathed Russia," Thank you Ame, thank you so much."

" I love you," said America.

" I love you to," said Russia.

Then they were together again. And at the same time, they pressed the button together. Then America dropped the switch. And still connected they began to cry. As the fire spread around them. They stayed together.

They stayed.