The Explanation

~~Hope's POV~~

~~Hope's POV~~

I look him in the eyes.

He looks just like he did the day he died.

I can feel the tears rushing to my eyes, so I look down at my feet.

"How do you know my name?" He asks me.

"It's a long story."

"I don't have a time limit on being here."

I look him in the eyes again.

Why does fate have to be this cruel?

Having my family not know who I am.

That's the worst fate I can think of.

That why after Malivore, I didn't go to New Orleans.

I couldn't face my family and see them happier without me.

Let alone have to face someone I killed, long before Malivore.

"You ok, Hope?"

I don't even answer, I just run up and hug him.

"Oh. Ok. Well..." He slowly puts his hands around me.

He stand there for a minute before he pulls away.

"You know who I am, and yet you hug me. Why?"

"Why wouldn't I? I know you aren't as big or bad as the storys make you out to be."

"The same storys where they talk about The Sun and The Moon Curse? The one where they talk about The Original Family?"

"The one I was told as a little girl."

"You were told the Original story as a kid?"

"Among others."

"Like?"

"I can tell you one my Aunt told me when I was little."

He did a hand movement, pretty much telling me to continue.

"Once upon a time, there was a majestic king who lived with his noble brother in a colorful kingdom where music and art was celebrated. The king did not foresee having a child but, he lived in an enchanted land where all things were possible. In time he was blessed with a beautiful baby daughter for whom he wished only peace and happiness. Still, the king had demons who pursed him. There was a ruthless beast who wanted to take the kingdom for her own, armed with a path of untamed creatures. She drove the other magical beings from the land and there was a wicked sorceress with enchanted stones that weakened the king on ever full moon. Seeing the shadow his enemies cast upon his home the king was driven to send his beloved princess away, convincing all who remained that she was forever lost. The king in his sorrow turned away from the world the castle closed it's doors and the kingdom fell. Some say that the only light that shines in the castle illuminates the shadow of the once mighty king in the room meant for his child. But, as the ruthless beasts took rule over the Fallen Kings city. Little did they know, that he and his brother would not rest until their enemies were vanquished. For one day, they believed they would heal their kingdom and bring that princess home."