Holy Shit. Stefan was in a love triangle with my Dad and my aunt. Ew.

~~Damon's POV~~

~~Damon's POV~~

I got my brother back, so in celebration I'm pouring myself a drink. When, ruining my moment, I get a phone call.

"You're interrupting my drink." I tell the unknown caller.

"Miss me?" A voice asks. A voice I would know anywhere.

"Katherine. Where are you?" I ask her.

"Lurking outside your window, pining away." Katherine tells me, chuckling.

"What do you want?" I ask her.

"I'm homeskick. What have I missed?" Katherine asks me.

"Well, Stefan is no longer Klaus' little prisoner and Elena and him are very happy. Oh, and now one's thought about you since you left." I tell her, hopeing to get under her nerves. But, she doesn't seem phased.

"And what about you? Didn't your best friend go missing? I'm surprised your not searching for her like you did your dear old brother." Katherine tells me, snark in her voice..

"I just don't know where she is. I'm sure she's fine." I say. I'm not sure if I'm tell that to Katherine, or I'm just convincing myself.

"Hmm." Katherine says from her side of the phone.

"But you do." I piece together.

"That I do. She traded herself for Stefan. She's in the same place he would have been, all alone." Katherine rubs in my face.

"Are you trailing them?" I ask her.

"A hybrid who wants me dead and his sidekick who was a badass the last time I saw her? I couldn't be further away."

"Which means you know exactly where they are."

"All I know is that Klaus pitched a fit once his hybrids didn't work. Now he's looking for some answers."

"How do you know that?"

"Spend 500 years running, and there will be a few people along the way that are looking out for you."

"Where are they?" I ask Katherine.

"The Windy City." Katherine replys, something weird in her voice.

"Why should I trust you?" I ask her.

"I liked Hope. I certainly don't want Klaus to kill her. She feisty, and maybe some day we could get along." Kathrine tells me.