the vanishing cabinet

dinner

Dinner always felt nice at Hogwarts, the variations of tasty food set on the table. I sat next to Lorenzo like always. "Could you stop fucking chewing with your mouth open?" Onyx snaps, while looking at Lorenzo. He closens into her face and chews louder. Onyx pushed his forehead back, "You're a pig, Lorenzo." 

"Oink oink then?" He replied and we both laugh. My smile starts to fade and I disassociated myself from reality. The vanishing cabinet

FLASHBACK

"Now that you're one of us, you must go on a task." "Anything, father." I reply while looking down at my dark mark.

"Ambitious already?" He says with a smile, "Very well, your task is to kill Dumbledore. You must kill him and let the other Death Eaters into Hogwarts." That was my task?! That's impossible.

"Yes father." "You won't be doing it alone, Draco Malfoy must help. His good for nothing father failed me twice already. I hope to see better in his son." He says, then stares at Draco. "Handsome young man.. You will have to kill Dumbledore." 

"Why not me, father? I'm capable-" 

"It's not if you're capable or not, it's loyalty. I need Draco to prove to me he will be loyal." 

....

"Arianna!" Lorenzo says and he starts shaking me. "Are you okay?" I snap back into reality. 

"Yes.. sorry what were we talking about?" 

"Nothing. I'll be right back. I have to use the loo," Lucille interrupted, and she scurried away. 

"That was weird..what do you think she's up to?" I ask. 

"Nothing I suppose." Blaise replies.

"I don't know I think it's just suspicious that she just left to use the 'loo'," I say, while looking between Onyx and Blaise.

"I think we have two different preferences of suspicious," Lorenzo says sternly, causing me to look at him quickly, "What's up with you Arianna, you've been sneaking off around, and then you zone out of reality, then you accuse Lucille of being suspicious?!" 

"Nothing is wrong with me Enzo, if you think she's so innocent then you should be with her!" I yell.

"That's not what I meant-" 

"Whatever Enzo, I have somewhere to be." I say, and I pick up my bag from the floor and leave through the Great Hall doors. I hear steps coming from behind me. "Decided to join Draco?" 

"How much longer is this going to take." 

"I don't know Draco, maybe a couple more months."

"Months?!" He says and pushes me on the wall, making eye contact with me. "I don't have months." He says sternly. 

"Well, unless you want to die a horrible death, I suggest you help." He rolls his eyes and lets go of me.  We start walking towards the Room of Requirement. "I hear someone following us." I whisper to him. 

"It's Granger." Draco says. "I'll handle it, you try to fix it, I'll be there in a bit." 

All I see is him grab her and pull her into the boys' bathrooms. I head towards the Room of Requirement, and make sure nobody sees me. I hear foot steps once again, so I walk away from the room. It's just Snape, he probably knew I was going to be here. "Where's Draco?" He whispers to me slowly. 

"He's handling something, that's in our business." I say calmly.

 "Very well then.." he says slowly, while he opens the doors. "Have you two figured out how to work the Vanishing Cabinet?" 

"Not yet, everything we've tried hasn't work." I huffed, "It's ridiculous really." 

2 hours later...

"We've tried everything Professor Snape! It's still not working!" I yell.

"You're not trying hard enough." He responded. This made me fucking angry, I grabbed an old vase and slammed it against the cabinet. 

"FUCKING WORK!" I yell at it, bit ridiculous really, but necessary to get my anger out. I start crying out of frustration and Draco pulls me into a hug. 

"It's alright we'll figure this out." He says while he rubbing my back, he's always been there for me when I get frustrated. 

....