letter

arianna riddle

I lay down in my bed wide awake, I needed to be with Lorenzo, but I was still mad at him. Thoughts just kept flooding my head, is Lucille pregnant? Does Lorenzo really love me or is he just in love with her, and I'm his second choice? Is Enzo mad at me?

As thoughts continued to flood my head, something started pecking at my window. I turn to see an owl standing on the edge of my window. I quickly jolt up and open the window. I gently pulled the letter out of the owl's beak. I flipped over the envelope and saw an 'M' on it. 

I quickly rip open the envelope assuming it's something important, and open the fresh parchment.

Dearest Arianna Riddle, 

       I apologize for waking you up at such a late time, but I sense that you haven't been able to sleep, either. I need you and Lorenzo to come to the Malfoy Manor immediately, I have already sent a letter to Lorenzo. This cannot wait- please use Silver Fork portkey and move as fast as you put this letter down. Get rid of this letter. Do whatever you have to do. Don't bring anyone else.

Coridially Yours,

Narcissa Malfoy

I quickly used dark magic to burn the letter, I grab my wand and lifted the Silver Fork portkey in the air. It quickly churned the universe.

I land right behind Lorenzo, it looks like he had just got there, but I didn't notice it was him at first so I quickly pulled out my wand and aimed it at him, he did the same. Then, I saw it was him, so I put my wand in my pocket and ran to the Malfoy Manor door. 

Lorenzo followed me, and when we reached the door, he opened it. 

"Narcissa?" I loudly whisper. No answer. Shit, was this a trap.

"Hello?" Lorenzo called out.

"I'm in the dining hall," A voice replied. Lorenzo and I looked at each other, then quickly sped walked to the dining hall. There, we see Narcissa sitting at the head of the table with her pajamas on and a glass of bourbon in her hand.

"Are you alright? What's wrong?" Lorenzo quickly questioned.

"Is there something wrong Narcissa?" I ask lowly. 

Lorenzo and I sat on each side of her, waiting for a responce. 

"Did you two feel it?" She mumbled.

"Feel what?" Lorenzo asked.

"When you touched her, did you feel it?" She repeated, and stared at him.

"Yes, yes I did." 

"Did you feel it?" She asked me. 

"No, I didn't. I sensed it, every time I'm around her, I can feel another..presence."I respond.

She shuddered as she closed her eyes. Her lips quivered as she took another sip of her bourbon. 

"So it's true." She quietly muttered to herself.

"Narcissa, what's going on? Why did I feel it?" Lorenzo mumbled.

She blankly stared at Enzo, "I've explained this to you when you were younger, Lorenzo. Your mother and I share the same ability to sense when something is wrong just by simply touching someone," she sipped her bourbon once again, "But Bellatrix never practiced this ability the way I did, and I need you to practice. I need you to read your senses." 

My throat tensed up when I heard Bellatrix's name.

"Bellatrix...the Bellatrix? The one who killed my mother...is your mother?" I question Lorenzo, as my breathing starts to quicken.