39 ; KIBA

The next team to perform was the team I was probably most excited for. ATEEZ had so much potential and creativity, and I was super hyped for what they had in mind for the 2nd round. I sat by the edge of the sofa and watched the TV, ready for their performance.

It started dark, but the theme was obviously pirates again and I smiled. They always killed this theme, it was made for them. Then Hongjoong - the captain- started the song. It was all fur coats and old guns that the British used to use. The most impressive parts were the incredible dancing, and then the Kraken.

"KRAKEN!" My impulses got the best of me, and I just screamed it out.

I kept watching as Seonghwa was like the captain guard, and he shot the kraken dead. I cheered loudly and got hit in the side by Changbin hyung who was trying to watch. I tuned in again, and I died. I fell to the floor as Jongho hit 4 incredible consecutive high notes. I felt like I had just witnessed history in the making. My hands were on my head in shock. 

After was an amazing dance break which brought the amazing live performance to an end. I just had to stand up from my position on the floor to clap at the amazing talent of ATEEZ. Seriously, my sunbaenims were impressive. 

After 5 minutes, I secretly opened the door when none of the boys were watching and walked out the room. I wondered down a corridor when I saw ATEEZ coming out of the backstage area, ready to go to their room.

"YOU WERE INCREDIBLE!" I shouted and waved to them, they turned and all had bright smiles. They waved back and jumped up and down.

"AH KIBA-SSI!" They shouted back, well, that's what I heard.

"SARANGHAE!"

They laughed as I threw finger hearts to them, and they threw them back which made me happy. I was about to turn back around to avoid getting told off by the MNet staff because the groups weren't really allowed to communicate but I heard Wooyoung shout back to me.

"We need to exchange numbers!"

"Yes, we definitely need to!" I shouted back before we parted ways and I went back into the waiting room where the rest of SKZ were.

"Where did you disappear to?" Chan teases, and I hugged him. I was just feeling surprisingly good right now. He stopped the teasing and hugged me back gently.

"I went to congratulate them."

"I see." Chan said cautiously.

The next group was SF9 with their song Now and Never. Their performance was dark and a kind of sexy concept. They were dressed in really nice red suits, and they looked so cool. Their dance breaks were sexy and towards the end when everyone was sitting on these gold stairs - wow, they looked like royalty.

Finally, that was everyone's performances done and dusted. We were given the time to pick our favourite performances, and there was no doubt we put ATEEZ in first place. After we decided as a team our order, we were taken to the main studio room where we were all introduced in the first episode. We sat in our original places - I was at the top, alone.

ATEEZ was in first place, and we had come in second which was quite surprising. All the other teams were so good. BTOB WAS IN LAST. 

Ugh, I rooted for them.

"Do you think the others rooted for you?" Changmin asked Jongho. I looked over at the youngest of their group. He looked so good right now.

"The seven of us finished our performance today without any regrets. Um...I'm not too sure." Jongho laughed and I smiled at how cute he was.

We then saw the scores with the group evaluation added - so this could change everyone's place on the score board. In last place sadly was SF9 - I hated this part. This type of stuff always made me feel bad even if it wasn't my fault. I just hated how mean it was to be scored even when you've done so well. I wanted to curl up into a ball, so that's what I did. I practically disappeared in the top row even with the lights on this time.

It was finally the top 2 places. It was SKZ vs ATEEZ. I wasn't even that bothered at this point. I just felt bad for everyone who had worked hard but I eventually sat up and looked at the team we were 'against'. I made eye contact with San who let out a breath and put a hand on his chest - at least we were both nervous. I smiled and put a fist up.

Changmin asked Hongjoong a question and then Han. I looked down at Han who was nervous.

"Do you think you can beat ATEEZ?" Changmin asked. If I was holding that microphone, I would've laughed and answered a straight 'nope'.

Han answered more professionally, "Even if we don't win first place today, we'll create better performances in the future so we can take back first place. We'll work harder to create better performances. Thank you."

Everyone clapped at his words. The positions were revealed at the same time, and ATEEZ, of course, was first. I smiled, god I was happy for them, I clapped loudly at their win. Changmin talked for a few minutes to ATEEZ who expressed their gratefulness.

"Kiba-ssi...You were nervous before hand, how do you feel now?" Changmin asked and I was quickly passed a microphone.

"I...I'm happy ATEEZ won this round, their hard work is admirable." I stuttered, "I was really looking forward to their performance and they put on a great one. I'm happy I got to watch it."

Changmin smiled as I put the microphone on my knees to signal I was done speaking - God, that's so embarrassing.

"I want to adopt him!" I turned towards the loud voice who said it, and Wooyoung was smiling up at me. I felt my ears get red again, and Changmin spoke through the microphone.

"Wooyoung, how do you feel about Kiba and other groups voting for your performance?"

"I'm very grateful that the other groups really enjoyed our performance, we worked incredibly hard." He expressed happily, "I really want to adopt Kiba, he came out to show us some love when the performance finished so..."

I was practically hiding behind Changbin hyung when all eyes turned to me. My social anxiety can't take this type of attention. I bowed to ATEEZ who were towards the end of the set.

The next theme for the next round is 'Re-born' where we switch songs with another group and perform them in our sort of style. ATEEZ has the choice to choose which group first since they won, and they chose IKON. I was kind of sad that I wouldn't have the chance to perform an IKON song but I didn't let it get to me.

We decided to choose BTOB Sunbaenim, and that meant SF9, and THE BOYZ would be changing songs.

It was finally the end of the day; I held Chan's hand as we did the final interviews for the show and then headed home.

My bed was not empty tonight which I was kind of thankful for. The night-time is when every sad thing comes back into my head, but Han would surely be enough to keep the darkness at bay.