Chapter Fifteen

"We need her back!" Soldo's son slammed his hand over my desk

I watched silently as the father and son squabbled with one another. Soldo chided his son to give me the respect a don is due but it was too late. The stupid boy had made his bed, his father knew he won't get out of here alive.

"I have no idea where your daughter is, Soldo."

Before Soldo could speak, his son decided to open his mouth again, I was reconsidering my decision of not torturing him before death.

"Bullshit! One of your men took my sister, Costello!"

"I can assure you, Soldo, that not me or any of my men have ever forced a woman against her will"

Soldo gave me a nervous chuckle. "I know that don Niko, forgive my son, he doesn't know when to open his mouth"

"Have you considered the possibility that your daughter might have just run away from home?"

Young girls often ran away from the Cosa Nostra, we were protective of our women. They didn't have much freedom or choice for that matter, so they preferred to run away from home with stupid little boys who didn't know who they were messing with.

"My sister would never---" the words never fully left his mouth as Scott put a bullet in his head.

A gunshot rang out throughout the room. All the eyes present turned in Scott's direction and he just shrugged it off, saying. "He didn't know how to talk to his don."

Soldo sat there shocked, wide-eyed, mouth opened. He cleared his throat and looked at me asking for mercy. He thought that Scott was going to kill him too.

"Soldo, my men will find your daughter and bring her back to you"

Soldo nodded, his son's brain got tossed all over his lap, his face covered in blood. "I'm grateful to you, Don Niko"

"How many sons do you have?"

"Seven" he answered and then looked at the dead body beside him. "Now six"

"Your firstborn?"

He shook his head. "My fifth..."

Scott chuckled. "He wasn't important anyway but if you want to keep your other six sons alive, you better teach them some fucking respect for their don"

Soldo got up, not sparing another glance in his son's way. "Don Niko, I deeply regret the way my son has talked to you. I thank you for your generosity in helping me find my daughter... but if you find her in a compromising position with another man---"

I raised two of my fingers, and he stopped talking immediately. "The man will be killed and your daughter will be handed to you, to do whatever you please with her. Punish her not punish her, your choice. Your family's honor will not be tainted"