Chapter Thirty-Nine

I gripped the weapon in my hands as I gestured for my men to stay back

I gripped the weapon in my hands as I gestured for my men to stay back. The dirty old building stood in the middle of nowhere. This is the location that Mark Leopold had sent me. It could be a trap and here I fucking was.

It looked like something Ignacio Reyes would own. He was a fucking scum. He didn't belong to any of the mafia's family, he was more of a small-town gangster that had made big and decided to cross me after I had put a bullet in his father's head. I had more men, more wealth, and more power than him but that didn't stop him. He was hellbent on destroying me. Someone gotta teach the fucker that no one gets away after crossing Nikolai Costello.

A few of the men were out patrolling the area. They were unaware of our presence. Putting the silencer on our guns, I aimed at one of their heads. A bullet shot out of the barrel of my gun; piercing his skull. One bullet, that's all it took before he slumped on the ground like a puppet released from his strings. A man walked toward him to see what had happened to him, his eyes went wide. His eyes darted all around, guns pointing in all directions.

That was when we started the shooting began. Bullets ruthlessly spilled out from all directions killing the men in front of the door, the balconies, and every other fucking corner of the house.

The muscles in my jaw twitched, and rage overtook every single cell of my body.

The entire area was being patrolled by a mere fifty men, all wiped out.

I walked to the fucking door, my gun spat out bullets relentlessly and with a loud crash, it fell. We ran in, a hundred of us and just a few of them. I killed every fucking bastard that stood in our way. Men, women, everyone. I have no compassion for someone who had tried to touch what's mine, someone who had hurt someone that belongs to me.

I stopped as Mark Leopold stood at the top of the stairs. He was alive, he was fucking alive. I dashed upstairs and pointed a gun at his head. My soldiers were taking care of the rest of Ignacio's men.

Mark stood there, unmoving. "I'm not afraid of death, Don Niko. If I was I wouldn't have called you."

I planted the barrel against his forehead. "You are a fucking traitor."

"Evangeline... that's my daughter. He took her into one of the rooms. After you save her then you can do whatever you want with me."

I pushed the gun more into his head. "Where is she?"

His eyes went to the door at the end of the hallway. Scott ran up the stairs and held Mark back by hitting his head against a wall.

I headed towards the door at the end and shot multiple times at the lock until a chunk of the wooden door flew off. I entered the room and the first thing I noticed was Evangeline, lying half-naked on the bed. She was unconscious and bleeding from the head.

Something smacked into the back of my head, a dull pain erupted in my skull. I turned and the next thing I know, Ignacio had a gun to my head as I had a gun pointed at him.