Chapter Eighty

The second her lips met mine, I fucking lost it

The second her lips met mine, I fucking lost it. I have been holding myself back for days now. I didn't fucking touch her, I avoided even looking at her but when she touched me, I lost the little control I had.

I grabbed the back of her head and pulled her over my lap. She straddled me, wrapping her arms around my neck. I breathed in her scent, fuck, I missed it.

I felt like a traitor to my own family. This—kissing my wife—felt so wrong but so fucking right. Her body molded into mine perfectly like she was made for me; just for me. 

The car came to a halt, she pulled back looking into my eyes. Her eyes were heavy-lidded, and her swollen lips were parted as she breathed heavily. By the look on her face, I knew if I ripped apart her underwear and thrust my two fingers inside of her, I'd find her fucking wet as hell.

She licked her lips and got off my lap, she opened the car door and stepped out; a little unsteady on her feet. I stepped out behind her and we walked inside.

It was over.

The moment was gone.

I could see things clearly now.

She was the daughter of the man who killed my mother. She had his blood running through her veins. If I allowed myself to fall in love with her, I'd be a traitor to my own family. I'd be betraying my mother. I can't betray my mother. My mother had been the love of my life since the day I opened my eyes.

Evangeline walked ahead of me and I was tempted to follow her upstairs to our bedroom but instead, I turned toward my study.

A bottle of whiskey will do.

Replace one addiction with another.

"No, you don't get to do that, not tonight!" she aggressively grabbed my forearm and tugged me along with her.

I let her.

Her grip was too feeble, too soft. I could pull my arm out of her hold with little effort but I let her take me upstairs.

Just for one night, Nikolai.

One single night then I won't touch her again.

Just this once...

I wanted to taste her again. I wanted to touch her. Fuck her till she fucking cries from pleasure. Just one last time.

One last time...

She pulled me into the room and slammed the door shut. She pushed me against the closed door and again pressed her lips to mine.

She tasted so good, so fucking good. She tasted like my Evangeline, not like the murderer's daughter. So, I kissed her back, one last time.

I forced my tongue into her mouth, ravishing her pretty little mouth, it was mine to ruin anyway.

Her soft hands ran all over my body and she pushed my jacket off. I let her do it, one last time.