Chapter Twenty-Six

I knocked on his study door and waited, it was still early, so, I know Scott won't be there

I knocked on his study door and waited, it was still early, so, I know Scott won't be there. Nikolai was usually alone in the mornings. Perfectly Scott-free.

A gruff come-in made its way to my ears and I flung the door open. I stilled as I saw him talking on the phone with someone. He seemed tense, he always had a dark aura surrounding him but today it seemed darker.

I made my way around his desk and he rolled his chair back, slightly turning towards me. I leaned my butt against the edge of his desk and watched him as he finished up his phone call.

"I have made it clear many times before, Moretti"

Moretti... Ugh, even the way he says people's name is beautiful.

I stared at his strong hands, they were so clean, veins protruded out of them, and the nails were perfectly trimmed. Even his hands are perfect. The same perfect hands that were between my legs yesterday night gave me the most amazing feeling in the world.

I don't know where I got the courage from because the next thing I did surprised me as well. I touched his perfectly perfect tie and tried to adjust it although it was already fine, I just had an intense desire to touch him.

Last night he made it pretty clear that what happened was just for me. He did it to make me feel good but how can I tell him that I want to make him feel like that too? It goes both ways from what I have heard.

I was so busy playing with his tie that I didn't notice his stare on my face. I felt a sudden weight between my legs, the temperature of the room rose, and my skin felt too hot to touch. He gripped my hand all the while talking on the phone, his gaze sparked with dark amusement, though a small amount of irritation leaked through.

Was he annoyed by my presence?

I smiled and then tried to pull my hand out of his grip but he didn't let me, I stood there before him and waited as he talked. He spoke another language in between, Italian...

Che due coglioni! Stronzo! Figlio di puttana!

He repeated those words the most...

He finally hang up and tugged me closer to him by my wrists. "Do you need anything?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. He had asked this question one too many times as if he was only here to fulfill my needs and everything I needed. Like there was nothing else between us and he was just my guardian after my parents died.

It didn't make me feel good about myself. I already felt like a freeloader only now he was granting me sexual favors as well.

"I met one of your men last night, Lorenzo. I just wanted to let you know. I wouldn't want you to think that I did something without your permission"

He made a hmm sound deep from his chest, and my cheeks heated up at the sound.

"It wasn't my fault, he um... I was just strolling in the garden when he came out of that shed."