Chapter Fifty-Six

I was scared to go to Grace's bachelorette party because after the scene this morning, I have no idea where Grace and I stand

I was scared to go to Grace's bachelorette party because after the scene this morning, I have no idea where Grace and I stand. She must hate me, who wouldn't... She must think Nikolai and I were together the whole night and after we had been spending so much time together, it must feel like a betrayal on her part.

Well, she did say she won't mind if Nikolai slept around, maybe, she will spare me the wrath of Grace Russell, the mafia princess.

She had told me herself multiple times that infidelity is common in the Cosa Nostra but her reaction in the morning proved otherwise. She looked ready to rip my head off and rightfully so but then again, she contained her emotions... I don't know what to believe.

I can't imagine what she must be feeling the way Nikolai treated her afterward, knowing that they both had no choice in the matter.

Marriage of convenience was wrong and despicable, no one should be forced to spend life with someone that they don't want. Nikolai's father was wrong to force such behavior on his son. If he hadn't done that then Nikolai, Scott, Grace, and I won't be in this situation.

Heaving a sigh, I propped the strap of the black clutch onto my shoulder. I was wearing a black bodycon dress with black heels. Bianca had done my makeup and my hair.

I was dreading going downstairs and facing Grace. Bianca retouched her makeup before sliding her arm into mine and tugging me along with her to go downstairs.

"I really don't want to go..." I said to her.

"Why?" Bianca asked cluelessly.

"No reason, I just don't feel like it."

"Well, too bad, I'm not going without you."

I couldn't tell Bianca that Nikolai was sleeping in my bed and Grace found us together this morning. She will ask questions as to why Nikolai was in my bed in the first place. I don't know if Nikolai and I were in a place to tell people that something was there.

With his father hovering over his head and pushing him to marry a woman he does not want, I don't think it will be good to tell any of the Costellos what was going on between Nikolai and me.

Nikolai wants to be with me, he said so himself. He has a plan and I need to trust him with that. He will make all this right.

I went downstairs, Nikolai wasn't home and the cars were parked out front waiting for us. Bianca deliberately sat in a different car than Grace because she couldn't stand her and I was silently grateful.

As it was Grace's bachelorette party, it wasn't held in any of Nikolai's nightclubs. She took us to a strip club that was not even in Nikolai's territory. On the way to the club, Bianca explained to me what a strip club was. I had never been to one and neither did I know what it was.

We entered the high-end strip club. Grace had invited over twenty to thirty girls from her side and some of Nikolai's cousins. Bianca stayed by my side as I did with hers.