Chapter Eighty-Five

I watched through the glass as Bianca and Lorenzo dragged her away like a rag doll, that's how fucking drunk she was

I watched through the glass as Bianca and Lorenzo dragged her away like a rag doll, that's how fucking drunk she was. I gripped the glass tumbler filled with whiskey that was in my hands, the urge to knock some sense into her was so fucking strong but I couldn't do it.

Disrespectful spoiled little brat—she had always been one.

I can't fucking understand how the fuck am I letting her get away with this. She called me a coward, she called me a fucking coward! Even my enemies know that cowardice isn't in my dictionary but Mrs. Evangeline Costello thinks that I am one. If that's what she thinks about me then I'm gonna let her think that. It will be the perfect revenge for the disrespect she had shown me today, I won't listen to her pleading, and I won't listen to her temper tantrums as well.

Ignorance—it will fucking drive her mad, perfect punishment for her brattiness.

The little show she put on tonight was to get my attention. This stupid girl has no idea that she already has it. I went all fucking out for her birthday, told Bianca to tell her it was her, and she went ahead and fucking destroyed her night. 

Jesus Christ, it hadn't been easy to not see her, to not talk to her. I have been living with this girl for ten months now and I could say I have grown used to her.

She became a habit—habits can be broken.

Scott came back up, he was fuming, his hands were shaking and he was breathing out loudly, "She crossed a line, Niko"

"She did..." I faced him, "So what? You want to kill my wife?"

A look of shock crossed his face, and he scoffed, "You're gonna let her get away with this?"

I raised an eyebrow, "Get away? What is she? Your prisoner?"

"She called you a coward in a room full of people."

I walked to my office as Scott followed behind barking things that Evangeline had just said.

"Lover's quarrel," I just said.

"Excuse me?"

I went behind my desk and settled on my chair, lighting a cigar, "She is my wife, Scott. She is the only one who can call me anything she likes."

He laughed, "I can't believe you, Niko. I had no idea she had got you so whipped."

Something about his words pissed me the fuck off. Violent emotions washed over me, rage built up inside of me, "Scott, what happens between me and Evangeline is our personal life, for you, she is your Don's wife; treat her like one. And next time, think twice before you threaten to shoot her in a room full of fucking people."

He nodded, "Got it."

I took a long drag, "Good."

┈┈┈┈․° ☣︎ °․┈┈┈┈