Chapter Fifty-Eight

I woke up with my arms and legs wrapped around his body and a smile instantly spread across my face

I woke up with my arms and legs wrapped around his body and a smile instantly spread across my face. My head was resting on his chest while my legs were entangled with his.

I looked up at his handsome, chiseled face, he was only wearing his black boxer briefs leaving me to appreciate his naked chest.

I slowly pulled myself out of his hold and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I brushed my teeth and took an hour-long, relaxing bath when my fingers started to shrivel up only then I stepped out of the tub. I wrapped a towel around myself before stepping out of the bathroom.

My eyebrows pinched together as I saw Nikolai sitting on the edge of my bed, he was dressed up in a black tuxedo, and his hair was still wet hinting that he had just taken a shower. I think I just spent a lot of time in the shower.

"Nikolai..."

He looked up from his cell phone and his lips curved into a slight smile. He patted beside him on the bed and I noticed a simple white dress.

"Wear this," he ordered.

"Why? Are we going somewhere?"

"Yes, and we only have an hour."

Something about this didn't feel right. "Is everything alright?"

He got up, walked toward me and he placed a quick kiss on my lips. "Dress up."

He strolled out of my bedroom after that, I frowned and picked up the dress. It wasn't anything flashy, just a white short summer dress. I shook all the negative thoughts away and got dressed.

I straightened my hair, put on nude pink makeup, and paired the dress with the white Louboutins Nikolai had bought for me along with the dress.

I descended the stairs and looked around. The house looked empty, there was not a single person in sight, not even Grace and it was eerily quiet for nine in the morning.

I heard some voice coming from the foyer before Scott came into my view. He stilled as he watched me and then shook his head.

"Come on, let's go," he ordered.

"Where?"

"Save your questions for Niko," he snapped rudely.

Keeping my mouth shut, I sat in the backseat of Scott's car as he drove us somewhere. He stopped outside the office of the City Clerk - NYC Marriage Bureau.

Why are we—

Suddenly it all made sense...

His tuxedo, this white dress, and the hints he had been giving me all along.

"I don't want a submissive, mob wife. I think I like disrespectful little brats more."

"By the end of this week, you will be a married woman, Evangeline."