Chapter Forty-Five

Someone pounded on my bedroom door waking me up from my deep slumber

Someone pounded on my bedroom door waking me up from my deep slumber. I groaned and stuffed my face back into the pillow to block out the sound coming from the door. The knocking intensified, whoever it was, didn't really have much patience.

I sat up and glanced at the wall clock. It was only six o'clock in the morning. I rubbed my eyes to rid of the grogginess, tossed the duvet aside, got to my feet, and headed for the door. I opened it and was met with an unknown face. She was wearing the uniform the household help used to wear.

"What?" I asked.

"Don Niko had requested you to freshen up and wear this before you come downstairs."

Frowning, I took the clothes from her and noticed that they were gym clothes. I heaved a sigh, I liked it better when I could say no to him but I dug my own grave when I promised him that I'd listen to him and follow his rules but that's all there was to it.

I'm not the same girl who had a massive crush on him.

I closed the bedroom door and glanced at my bed with longing before going to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, showered, dried my hair, and changed into the clothes Nikolai had sent for me. It was a sports bra and tights. The clothes clung to my body like a second skin, I had never worn any gym clothes or done any kind of exercise. I have no idea what Nikolai wanted from me, or why suddenly he wanted me to work out at six in the morning.

I hadn't fully healed yet, the dull ache in my stomach was still there. My jaw and nose had healed quite remarkably but sometimes I still get very bad headaches.

I headed downstairs and followed the delicious smell of breakfast that filled the room. I stopped in the doorway and I saw Nikolai making breakfast. He was only wearing black track pants with a gun tucked in the back. His naked strong, muscular back was exposed while his chest was covered with an apron as he flipped some pancakes onto the plates.

"Had enough sleep?" he asked, he still hadn't turned to look at me but somehow knew I was standing in the doorway.

Does he also have eyes on the back of his head?

"Nope," I said and settled on the kitchen island seat.

"Well, get used to it," he drawled.

A crinkle appeared between my brows. "Why?"

He placed a plate before me and sat in the seat next to mine after he had taken the apron off. I may have learned to control my stupid hormones around him but his bare chest is very distracting. He put some blueberries on top and then poured maple syrup over my pancakes. I stabbed a fork into the soft pancakes and almost moaned at how delicious they were.

"I'm going to train you."

I choked and started to cough violently. He let out an amused breath and gave his head a gentle shake. He filled a glass of water and handed it to me. I gulped down the whole glass in one go, my eyes watered and I cleared my throat to get rid of the scratchiness that was left behind.