Chapter Ninety-Six

The plane hit the tarmac and I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath

The plane hit the tarmac and I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. We stepped down the air stairs and a line of black SUVs were parked out front for me and my men.

Enzo had taken care of everything, Uncle Luca had a lot of properties in the United States, a few of which were apartment complexes.

We drove to the buildings, I checked my cell phone a couple of times as a certain restlessness ghosted under my skin.

Enzo placed a hand over the small of my back and led me to the elevators. He pushed a button that took us to the top and straight to the penthouse suites.

My men put my luggage and stuff into my room and went back down, leaving me and Enzo alone.

"If you need anything, just call me, my suite is right across from yours," Enzo said before turning to walk out.

"Enzo..."

"Yeah?"

"Find out where Nikolai Costello is right at this moment."

Enzo frowned, "Why? It was a long flight, you should rest, we will do something about him tomorrow."

I squeezed my eyes shut, I hated it whenever he tried to talk back after an order. I gritted my teeth, "I'm not going to give Nikolai any more time than I already had, and also, it was an order, not a request."

His face fell before he nodded, "Okay..."

I sighed, "You don't know him, Enzo, the more we wait, the more time we will give him to make the first move. I want to catch Nikolai Costello off-guard."

"On it, Evangeline."

I unzipped my suitcase and pulled out a black pantsuit. I went to the bathroom to take a shower, it was still early in the morning here in New York City. It was around the time, Nikolai Costello usually leaves the house.

I wrapped a towel around myself and then sat in front of the dresses as I applied nude makeup. I have no idea why I was putting in this much effort maybe because I wanted him to know how well I was doing without him—without the man who told me that I was just a weak little prey without him.

I blow-dried my hair and then changed into the pantsuit. I unzipped the suitcase that had all of my heels and pulled out a pair of black Louboutins. I sat over the edge of the bed and wore my heels. Grabbing a black purse, I put my things inside, and as if on cue, someone knocked on the door.

Enzo handed me a Manila folder, "Here are the papers you requested and I have sent the location of Costello to your cell phone."

I pulled out my cell phone and a smile crept up my lips, "Perfect! Take me to him," I ordered.

Enzo stretched his hand down the hallway and I walked out of the suite. We got into the elevator as it moved down.

"How many men do you want to escort you?" he asked.