Chapter Forty-Nine

The sound of Grace's footsteps became closer and closer

The sound of Grace's footsteps became closer and closer. I started to panic, my palms turned sweaty as I looked between the door and Nikolai's feral eyes.

I was sitting on the countertop, and Nikolai was standing between my parted legs with his hand fisting my hair and gripping my neck. And his fiancée was right outside the kitchen door.

"Stop right where you are, Grace, do not take another step," Nikolai ordered, and the footsteps stopped almost instantly.

I sucked in a breath, Nikolai's eyes were trained on me. His eyes narrowed from the edges as rage flashed through. My heartbeat accelerated, and my breathing became shallow.

"Grace, if I told you to never fucking speak again, would you do it?" he asked her while his eyes were focused on me, his fingertips burning in the side of my neck.

"I would..." came her light voice from right outside the door.

"If I asked you to strip naked right the fuck now, would you do it?"

"Yes..." her voice was absolute like she had no doubt or hesitation in following his commands.

A flare of arrogance crossed his face, and a self-satisfied smirk crept up as his grip on my hair tightened painfully.

"If I asked you to take off your panties and shove them in your fucking mouth right now, would you do it?"

"Yes..." her words came out as a breath. "Yes, yes, Niko, I would."

Was his psychotic talk turning her on?

He pulled my face closer to his and I turned my head to the side. His nose grazed my cheek, and I shuddered. I felt him smile against my skin in triumph.

"Grace, if I fucked my whores right in front of you. Would it bother you?"

He dragged the word whore longer than he should have. My blood boiled, it was clear what he was trying to say. He was hitting two birds with one stone, he was talking about fucking me in front of his wife.

"I will do what a good mafia wife should do, Niko..." came her voice.

Her words annoyed me, how can she just stand there and take the insults he was throwing her way? And the fact that he was standing here between my legs made this whole situation even uglier. It was utterly disrespectful to her, I would rather die than be in Grace's place right now.

Nikolai's tongue darted out of his mouth as he took my ear lobe into his mouth and then released it with a pop.

"And what should a good mafia wife do?" he asked.

His hand left my neck and hair and then slowly trailed down my arms leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake. His large warm hands rested on either one of my thighs, parting them as much as he possibly could.