Chapter 28

"Isn't this just bullshit?"

The other two disciples had nothing to say and just looked at him.

If there was nothing sinister going on, then what were they doing here?

But Feng Li nodded without changing his expression, "You're absolutely right."

After praising Jiang Luo, he stepped forward and walked inside.

Wang San and his companion exchanged incredulous looks.

Mr. Feng rarely praised anyone, but now, he had openly praised Jiang Luo.

They communicated with their eyes for a moment. Did Mr. Feng actually like such responses?

A young man led them to the living room, where a mother and daughter were sitting on the sofa.

Huang Yulan and her daughter had tears in their red eyes. Upon seeing them enter, they quickly took out handkerchiefs to wipe away their tears and struggled to smile as they stood up, saying, "Mr. Feng, please take a seat."

Feng Li sat down on the sofa, with Jiang Luo and the other two standing behind him.

"Tell me," Feng Li said calmly, "what made you call on me?"

Feng Li, as the celestial master of the Feng family, rarely left home for such minor issues. However, this time he just happened to be in Yunnan, and the senior celestial master was acquainted with Huang Yulan, which is why he took the trouble to intervene.

Upon hearing this, Huang Yulan's tears started flowing again. Her son, Ke Hetang, hurriedly said, "It's my father; something has happened to him."

"Half a month ago, my father started acting strangely. He became increasingly irritable and quick-tempered, getting enraged over trivial matters. That was just the beginning; he started eating insects, which he never used to eat before," Ke Hetang said with difficulty, "Insects from the ground, like ants, silkworm pupae, cockroaches... with some preparation, eating them wouldn’t be an issue, but we discovered he was swallowing these insects whole when we weren’t looking."

Jiang Luo heard the two people next to him swallowing hard.

Swallowing whole, indeed, was extreme.

The world is full of wonders, with some people having strange sexual preferences and others having strange dietary habits.

But if that was all, it wouldn’t warrant calling for a celestial master.

Sure enough, Ke Hetang continued, "That’s not all; he also started scratching his skin, scratching his chest and his back until it bled, yet he wouldn’t stop. When we asked if it hurt, he said he felt nothing."

Huang Yulan held her handkerchief tightly, "Mr. Feng, if you had seen the wounds he inflicted on himself, they were severe enough to require stitches. Could he really not feel any pain? I feel... it's as if he's been possessed."

Feng Li listened quietly until they finished, then stood up and said, "I understand."

"Come with me," Feng Li said, glancing at Jiang Luo and the others.

The mansion was vast, and Feng Li led them through the first floor, then up to the second floor.

Huang Yulan and her children followed behind, watching eagerly. When they reached the study on the second floor, even before entering, Jiang Luo sensitively felt a cold, sinister aura blowing towards them.

Feng Li must have felt it too, as he walked straight into the study without a moment's deviation.

The study was spacious, with two entire walls lined with books. A mahogany desk custom-made sat in front of the bookshelves, and the center of the floor was covered with a tiger-striped carpet.