Chapter 71

In the afternoon, Wen Renlian and Kuang Zheng arrived at the hospital.

It seems that individuals who study metaphysics possess a peculiar power within their bodies, granting them superior physical health compared to ordinary people. Lu Youyi had a wound with a hole on his head, which had begun to heal today. With one more day of rest, he would be able to leave the hospital and recuperate at home.

The wound was a minor issue; the real concern was Lu Youyi's hairstyle.

To facilitate stitching, the doctor shaved the hair around his wound. However, having only a small patch shaved made it look like he had alopecia, leaving Lu Youyi no choice but to despairingly allow the doctor to shave his head completely.

To express sympathy for the injured, Wen Renlian specially bought Lu Youyi two hats, one being a simple baseball cap, and the other equipped with a wig.

"You can wear whichever you prefer," Wen Renlian sincerely said, looking at Lu Youyi's head as smooth as a duck egg, "It's said that only those who pass the bald test are truly handsome, and Lu Youyi, your head is very round."

Lu Youyi replied with a look of grievance, "I would believe you if you didn’t laugh."

Jiang Luo couldn't help but chuckle, only to see Wen Renlian taking out hair dyeing tools and looking towards him, "Weren’t you thinking of dyeing your white hair black?"

"…" Jiang Luo suddenly remembered, "I almost forgot about that."

He sat in front of Wen Renlian, who skillfully unpacked the hair dyeing tools, "Don't worry, I'll dye it very naturally."

Jiang Luo took a look at the white strand of hair beside his ear, "I didn’t originally need to dye my hair."

Wen Renlian responded noncommittally. Jiang Luo had never explained why he had a strand of white hair, and they didn’t inquire further, "However, I think this white hair looks pretty good."

Taking the hair from Jiang Luo’s hand, Wen Renlian found it irresistibly soft and silky, addictive to touch. Holding it fondly, he said, "But Qiyu and I heard you don’t like this white hair."

Jiang Luo, propping his legs up on the stool, thought for a moment, "I seem to have mentioned that indeed."

Wen Renlian smiled, and after combing through Jiang Luo's hair, he casually asked, "What happened to your mouth?"

Jiang Luo instinctively touched his lips, which hadn’t fully healed despite the medication. He almost revealed a grim expression but remembered Wen Renlian standing behind him and managed to hold back, "Guess?"

Jiang Luo hadn't decided how to speak to Wen Renlian, not about Ye Xunlu, but someone else.

"I guess—" Wen Renlian drew out his words leisurely, "someone has bitten you."

It was vexing.

Grinding his teeth, Jiang Luo suddenly had an idea. His cheeks flushed with a thin red, he coughed uncomfortably and awkwardly admitted, "Mhm."

Wen Renlian's fingertips paused.

Turning around, Jiang Luo lowered his voice, "Wen Ren, if anyone asks, please cover for me. Definitely don't tell my master. If he finds out I'm still mixing with Chi You, that would be bad."

So it was Chi You. Wen Renlian's smile remained unchanged as he reassured, "I won't tell, don't worry."

But internally, alarms were going off.

It had been a long while since they heard Chi You's name from Jiang Luo. Wen Renlian had thought Jiang Luo was gradually recovering from the grief of losing his lover, but unexpectedly, they were still in contact, even kissing.