Chapter 62

Zhang Cheng's words were a jumble, but Jiang Luo understood what he meant.

As Zhang Cheng looked at Zhang Feng in an upside-down posture, a baby ghost also peered down in the same manner, facing Zhang Cheng through the space between Zhang Feng's legs.

Jiang Luo knocked Zhang Cheng out subtly and urgently looked up, saying, "Zhang Cheng has fainted! Someone help me take him to the infirmary."

Lu Youyi quickly ran over and helped carry Zhang Cheng out, saying, "I'll do it."

Initially indifferent, the vengeful spirit frowned, came over, and took Zhang Cheng on his back.

The rest were stopped by the staff, and four of them quickly made their way to the infirmary. After laying Zhang Cheng on the bed, they took the chance to meet with the chief director.

The chief director politely shook their hands, and when he saw the vengeful spirit, he hesitated, asking, "Is this one also...?"

Jiang Luo nodded without intending to elaborate further. The director, sensing the cue, didn't press further but instead brought up the video of the ghost game.

There were three angles in the video, and they watched intently. The rear angle offered the clearest view, showing a shadow fleeting by Zhang Feng's feet.

The shadow was inconspicuous, almost like the shadow of a filming track. The director played the video at a slow speed, back and forth, but still couldn't spot a baby under Zhang Feng's feet.

Feeling a chill, the director couldn't help but say, "Could it be that Zhang Cheng was mistaken?"

"You better hope he was," Lu Youyi replied seriously, "What's discovered is always better than what remains unknown."

The director, a chubby man, wiped the sweat from his forehead upon hearing this, "The master is right."

Jiang Luo frowned at the video, feeling something off but couldn't pinpoint what it was.

Ye Xun reviewed Zhang Feng's profile and was surprised, "Among the deceased trainees, was someone from the same company as Zhang Feng?"

"Exactly, the trainee who stayed in the bed where you're staying, his name was Li Zhen," the director quickly said, "Li Zhen and Zhang Feng came as a duo. After the grading stage, Li Zhen was B, and Zhang Feng was C. During training, Li Zhen got closer to trainees from other companies, those are the also deceased Chen Liao Zhi and Lin Xiao."

"Their relationship was good because of Li Zhen, often dining together."

Ye Xun mused, "No wonder Zhang Feng was so hostile towards me, saying I took someone else's spot... But I heard Zhang Feng and Li Zhen had conflicts."

Within the closed filming set, not much could escape the crew's notice. The director explained smoothly, "Just some trivial matters, either because Li Zhen from the same company was getting more popular, making him feel left out, or because Li Zhen didn't want to deal with Zhang Feng anymore. There's no other reason."

Jiang Luo, distracted, listened while watching the video, "Have you ever suspected that Zhang Feng had something to do with the death of the three trainees?"

"Of course, we did," the director said with a bitter smile, "But whenever the trainees died, Zhang Feng was either in the training room or sleeping in the dorm, he has an alibi."

He hesitated before adding, "Speaking of Zhang Feng, I remember something. We kept the trainees' deaths under wraps, telling them they withdrew from the competition. No one suspected anything, but Zhang Feng looked terrible. He took a leave immediately, wrapped himself in his blanket, and even developed a fever that night... We guessed he was upset and uneasy because Li Zhen had also left."