Chapter 128

The Chi family's main lineage harbored a deep aversion to ghost patterns. Chi You's feelings toward these patterns were complex, yet his lifelong goal had always been to detach himself from them and continue living as a "human."

He refused to become a ghost.

However, his future self disappointed him. The future Chi You had transformed into a inhuman, crazed, and distorted demon.

Struggling, Chi You grabbed the military uniform's pant leg, pulling it down. He coldly stated, "You are no longer human."

The military youth looked up at the nearby tree, with the dark eyes of birds on the dried branches fixated on them.

A deathly silence surrounded them. Suddenly, he laughed, a hint of enjoyment and pleasure evident. "Such naive thoughts."

He declared, "Death will only make me reborn."

...

After contemplating the timing, Jiang Luo returned to the lake with pen and paper. When he arrived, Chi You had already stood up from the ground, showing no signs of pain except for dirt and blood on him.

He even smiled as he accepted the pen and paper, saying, "Thank you, Young Master Jiang."

After speaking, he walked to Chi Tian's side.

As he wrote, his hands trembled slightly. Chi You remained composed, avoiding Jiang Luo's gaze. He quickly and steadily completed a confession. Then, grabbing Chi Tian's hand, he pressed a bloody fingerprint onto the confession.

Chi You carefully folded the confession, unsatisfied. He tore Chi Tian's clothes apart, revealing gruesome nail marks on Chi Tian's back, evidence of a woman fiercely resisting. This was the most compelling proof.

As he finished these actions, a group of people hastily followed the servant and arrived.

The elders of the Chi family, though unsteady in their steps, approached with faces full of anger, clearly seeking confrontation. Jiang Luo, now thoroughly irritated by their presence, had returned to the shore in the outer world. He had been taken to the Lian family by Feng Li without a chance to retaliate against the Chi family. Yet, in this mirror world, their actions intensified, pushing him to the brink.

Ending them all at once would be ideal.

Chi You seemed to sense Jiang Luo's impatience and said, "You go back to the room first."

"Don't worry," Chi You's eyes darkened slightly. "I'll find you later."

Future Chi You might be a demon, and present Chi You might be a snake, but Jiang Luo wasn't concerned about either.

He didn't want to witness a play that would anger him, so he decisively left the battlefield. However, instead of returning to his room, Jiang Luo went to find Lian Xue and the others.

Lian Xue had just comforted Li Xiao, and upon seeing Jiang Luo, sighed. "Li Xiao is terrified; she's afraid she might be the next to die."

"But if it were me, I would be scared too. After all, those who died were all from her group..." Lian Xue said, "Senior Brother, let's leave the mirror world as soon as possible. I increasingly feel uneasy."

Sharing this sentiment, Jiang Luo, upon returning to his room, organized all the currently known information. After sorting it out, he lit the paper on the candle.

Suddenly, three knocks echoed from outside the door.

"Knock, knock, knock."

A shadow lingered outside the door.