Chapter 11

In the evening of the seventh day after someone's death, it is believed that the spirit of the deceased returns home.

Approaching this day, Jiang Luo was calmer than he had anticipated.

Could he still prevent Chi You from becoming stronger?

Jiang Luo didn't think he was inferior to Chi You in any aspect. He possessed talents that the original body did not have, and these talents were extraordinary. What's more fortunate was that before Chi You's seventh day, he had found a way to protect himself.

He turned and walked to the wardrobe, his fingers skipping over brightly colored clothes and settling on a black outfit.

Jiang Luo changed into the black clothes and pants politely, found a hair tie to tie his shoulder-length hair, leaving two strands of hair to fall messily by the sides of his face, adding to his rugged charm.

He didn't seem nervous at all, quite the opposite; he was somewhat eager.

Indeed, if Jiang Luo didn't enjoy thrills or horror, he wouldn't have specifically chosen to read the book "Evil Spirits" nor would he have developed a liking for the character Chi You.

He vividly remembered the eighteen times Chi You had killed him. A gentleman's revenge should not be delayed, and Jiang Luo was eager.

He was eager to kill Chi You, and he believed Chi You was just as eager to kill him.

After tying his hair, Jiang Luo looked up at the mirror. The young man's eyes sparkled as if ignited with fire, shining brightly.

In the original story, after Chi You's death, his spirit was weak and couldn't even manifest on the seventh day when his spirit was summoned. However, after several days of confrontation, Jiang Luo sensed something was off.

Chi You was weak, but not that weak.

He could manipulate spirits of the dead and even those of the living, even if it was just small creatures like birds. This already proved he was different from how he was described in the original text.

What did this imply?

It meant that in "Evil Spirits," Chi You might have been pretending to be weak in the early stages.

He already possessed the power to seek revenge on the original host, but he pretended not to. Moreover, he used his resentment to attract Feng Li, the leading Taoist priest in the story, to help him cultivate for revenge.

Why would he do that?

Jiang Luo frowned.

The original host was a descendant of the Feng family, one of the six major sects of Taoist priests, with Feng Li being the top Taoist priest of the time. To the original host, Feng Li was a man to be feared.

The original host dared to be jealous of Chi You and harm him because he was deceived by Chi You's hypocritical appearance.

But regarding Feng Li, the original host didn't even dare to get close.

Feng Li's talent might not match Chi You's, but he was also a favored child of heaven, not much inferior to Chi You. If Chi You really intentionally lured Feng Li to him, what exactly was he planning?

Pondering these questions, Jiang Luo went downstairs and happened to meet a few others.

Today was Chi You's seventh day, and after class, they planned to inform the school and go together to pay tribute to Chi You.

After school in the evening, Jiang Luo prepared all his things and left the school with them. However, as they walked, they arrived at a funeral supply store.