Chapter 138

The manor was right in front.

Since he chose to return, Jiang Luo had to put on a facade of indifference as if nothing had happened after soaking in the celestial blue pool.

And with a flicker of inspiration, Jiang Luo felt that confronting demons with this cold demeanor might meet his requirement of firmly sitting at the fishing platform.

Having been cleansed of worldly desires, how could he possibly use demons to increase his own desires?

It had to be the demons coming willingly.

Jiang Luo halted his steps.

He stopped, and the person behind naturally stopped as well.

Jiang Luo turned his head, looking at his companions.

Throughout the journey, his face showed no emotion. But Jiang Luo, having lost too much blood, appeared pale, revealing a rare sign of weakness. Seven parts genuine, three parts feigned – a person who had always been reliable and strong suddenly became fragile, causing even Lu Youyi and the others to feel sorry for him.

Yet, for some reason, since the moment they encountered Jiang Luo, he seemed to have become much colder. Although he spoke to them, there was no genuine joy in seeing them, and moments of silence grew longer.

Now, Jiang Luo spoke again, "Do you know the chosen one?"

Several people exchanged glances, "chosen one?"

Even the future heir of the Zuo family, Zuo Zhongqiu, hadn't heard of this person. Their gazes shifted to the most well-informed Wenren Lian, who rarely stayed silent, "I haven't heard of this title. Is it a person?"

They didn't know who the chosen one was, but Teng Bi's expression suddenly tightened.

Jiang Luo captured this reaction, "Yes, he is a person. Several hours ago, he and I went to soak in the water of the celestial blue pool."

"After soaking, indeed, one feels refreshed," Jiang Luo said with a nonchalant expression, "but there is always a lack of enthusiasm, not much desire to talk."

He prepared his companions for his forthcoming change in demeanor.

Jiang Luo didn't want to reveal his previous experience to Lu Youyi and the others. The fewer people who knew about this, the better the chance he could deceive the chosen one and Master Weihi, preventing them from realizing he had already returned to normal.

These few didn't think much, "Are you getting a cold or a sore throat?"

"Right, how did you get injured and bleed so much?"

Jiang Luo brushed off their questions with a few sentences, then turned back to talk about the chosen one. The previously calm tone now carried fluctuations, speaking highly of the chosen one.

Teng Bi carefully noted down his words but became more alarmed as he listened. Absentmindedly taking a few steps forward, Teng Bi suddenly felt a majestic force rushing towards him. In the next instant, he was catapulted over ten meters away by the formation in front of the manor gate.

Clutching his chest, blood sprayed from the corner of Teng Bi's mouth. Lu Youyi exclaimed, "Damned ghost!"

Teng Bi swallowed the blood, decisively saying, "This formation won't let living or dead people in. I'll wait for you at the foot of the mountain."

Jiang Luo remarked, "There's a formation on the way down too."

Teng Bi said, "I have a way."

Turning to leave, he hurried away, likely going to find his master. A sly smile flashed across Jiang Luo's lips, conveniently reminding him, "Ghost, handle the snow tainted with my blood and don't let others discover it."