Chapter 136

Jiang Luo soaked in the pool for a full hour.

After an hour, he emerged from the pool, taking the towel handed by Master Weihe. Master Weihe asked cautiously, "How do you feel?"

Jiang Luo sensed that the fatigue throughout his body had significantly diminished, feeling refreshed. As he wiped away the water droplets, Master Weihe appeared kinder, but for some reason, he lacked the inclination for conversation. "Not bad," he replied.

The Chosen one said, "Go back."

Jiang Luo donned his clothes, walking back with them. Despite the lush scenery on the way, his heart remained unaffected.

The Chosen one asked, "Outside, there's thick snow, while here, it's vibrant with grass and singing birds. Do you like this scenery?"

Jiang Luo, glancing at the surroundings, knew he typically enjoyed lively landscapes, which would uplift his mood. Yet, at this moment, he felt indifferent. "It's alright."

As these words left his lips, Jiang Luo sensed something amiss.

Was his mood a bit off?

Seemingly too plain.

Attempting to think of the malicious deeds of the Qi and Chi families, the intense hatred he once harbored had vanished, replaced by a detached indifference.

Thinking of Lü Youyi, Ye Xun, Feng Li, Ji Yaotzi—none stirred any emotions.

Only when he thought of Chi You, did ripples of emotion surge within Jiang Luo.

His rationality told him something was wrong.

It seemed what had been washed away wasn't the impurity left by ghosts, but his malice and desires.

Despite his clear rationality, his emotions remained flat, devoid of any desire to change.

Jiang Luo even knew what thoughts he would normally have, understanding himself. Yet, at this moment, he cared little for such considerations.

Behind him, Master Weihe and the Chosen one walked together.

Master Weihe, observing Jiang Luo's figure, hesitated for a while before speaking, "You added your blood to the spring, enhancing its effects. One session for you is equivalent to a month's effect. After a few more sessions, he will likely undergo a complete transformation."

Losing desires and the evil thoughts of being human might turn him into someone like the Chosen one—caring for the world yet indifferent to everything. Master Weihe wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do, sighing, "Is this too fast?"

The Chosen One calmly replied, "His desires were too heavy; it's time to cleanse them."

Master Weihe refrained from saying more, shifting the topic, "There's news from below; national agencies are investigating the Chi family, uncovering a lot. Chi family is in trouble. The Taoist Association, for some reason, severed ties with the Qi and Chi families. It's said the Taoist leader personally got involved, and Zhuo Zhengyu, for his daughter's sake, aligned with the Taoist Association. Qi and Chi families planned something against his daughter and her classmates."

"Not just them; White Birch University has filed a complaint against these two families to the Mystic Union Office. The higher-ups at the union know you, so they deliberately delayed the court proceedings, wanting to know if you'll still protect these families."

Master Weihe handed a letter to The Chosen One, saying, "They want to know if these two families are driven by personal desires or for the mystic world. If it's for the mystic world, they're willing to bear the blame, considering it a contribution to the mystic world."