Chapter 9: Q&A and Rainbows

I open the door again, finding Kanda lying on the bed. He glances up and asks, "Are you alright?"

     I nod, "Just nausea."

     He didn't seem all that happy with the answer, but still scooted over to make room beside him. He still didn't have any clothes on, the only thing from keeping him from view was a white sheet. I slide in beside him, snuggling in and making myself comfortable. We lay together for a while when I began to get restless. An idea pops in my head, "Kanda, can we play a game?"

    The bluenette looks down at my hopeful eyes with a confused face, "What kind of game?"

     "Well, we ask each other different questions so we can get to know one another better."

     He smiles, "Okay, shoot."

     I tilt my head, thinking of a good question, "What do you like most about my body?"

     "Tough one," he said. "I'm going to go with your muscle."

     I pull up my shirt and gaze at my chest and stomach. I never really considered my body as being muscular, but if Kanda thought it was, then I guess it was. He thinks about his question a second as I cover myself again. He asked, "What's your favorite part of my personality?"

     My eyes widen. How was I supposed to answer that? He was a bad boy, a jerk, and to me he was loving. I decided, "You're practically fearless. I know part of it's an act, but you play it so well."

     I'm nearly certain he wasn't expecting that answer, but I continue with my next question, "Why did you grow out your hair?"

     He sighed, "I was 'born' with it like this. I never cut it, just went along with it."

     I nod. It was definitely a unique story, even if it reminded me he was really only ten. "Why is your hair turning green?"

     I give him an odd look. He had an identical look only his gaze rested on the top of my head. I ask, "Um, are you okay?"

     He pulls me up from the bed and drags me to the bathroom. He puts me in front of the mirror, and I gasp. He was right. My hair was turning mint green. Veins seemed to go through the previously white strands, starting at my crown and trailing to the ends. The darkest part was on the top and was the color of a green apple. The ends were lightest and seemed like I had dipped them in acid that turned them into the color of the inside of a lime. To top it all off, my hair was getting greener by the second.

     "I'm guessing this isn't normal?" Kanda asked, his eyes trained on my jade ribbons. I roll my eyes, "No, it happens when I'm on my period, BaKanda!"

     "I'm pretty sure you're a guy though," he replied. I turn on the sink faucet, dunking my head under the cold stream. Trying to remove the color, I run my fingers through my hair, hoping to turn it to snow again. I heard a masculine laugh from me, "You're not helping yourself here, Kitten."

     Stopping the water flow, I pull my head up, squeezing out the extra moisture. I whine at the sight before me. Not only had my hair darkened, but it also had long blue streaks in it. "What am I? A Barbie doll?" I reenact the commercial voice and say, "Barbie Allen. His hair changes colors at random times. Accessories sold separately."

     I place my elbows on the vanity and stare at my reflection. My hair was blue and green for no reason. I sigh in defeat and turn away from the mirror. Kanda follows me to the bed and sits beside me, nothing covering him. I blush, looking away, "Can you put on some pants, a sheet, or something?"

     He shakes his head, "Nope. I hate clothes."

     "That's new. I thought you were modest," I say, still looking towards the balcony. "Only so people don't stare at my tattoo, but I know that you'll do other things to it."