Chapter 49: Clothes and Diapers and Toys Oh My!

"Can we go out today?" I ask, rubbing little circles into Kanda's stomach while his hand did the same to my lower back. It had been several days since I had been sick, and I'm all better now. My feline appendages also are gone, much to Kanda's disappointment. Glancing down at me, he says, "If you want to, we can, but did you have somewhere in particular in mind?"

Nodding, I inform, "The baby's due in mid-March or early April, so we have to go shopping."

Without replying, he groans and uses his extra hand to grab a pillow and covers his face with it. Laughing, I try to tug the pillow away to no avail, "Come on, Kanda, don't be like that. I thought you were happy about the baby."

"I am, but that doesn't mean I want to go shopping for one. I don't know the first thing about being a father," he grumbles into the pillow.

"Neither do I, but that's why I'm going to drag Lenalee along, too," I explain, easing his face out of the poof he was holding against it. Finally releasing it, he replaces the covering with me, pressing our lips together softly, and I quickly react, rolling so he was hovering over me while I open my mouth in order to deepen the kiss.

My fingers twist themselves into his hair, loving the soft silkiness of the dark ribbons, and I wrap my legs around my boyfriend's waist, wanting to get closer somehow as his tongue battles mine for dominance, which he wins obviously. When we break apart for air, he smirks, "Pushy today, are we?"

I was panting too hard to reply to the loving jab and instead undo the first button of his shirt I was wearing, glancing up innocently while tightening my legs' grip on him. Leaning down, he huskily says into my neck, "Pushy, pushy, pushy. Haven't you heard of patience?"

Making a mewling sound as he sucks on my collarbone, I whisper, "You love it, and you know it."

"That may be, but I'm still more rational than you when it comes to you," he mutters between nibbles on the forming mark. After a moment, he pulls away, running his tongue over his lips like he'd just eaten a feast, and I pout, "Why'd you stop?"

"I think I prefer cuddling in the mornings," he smirks, using one hand to unhinge my legs from around him before falling to his side next to me.

"Maybe I'm a little horny this morning," I say, moving to half straddle, half sit on his stomach. He doesn't reply, but seems to relax under me as if he was waiting for me to begin, and begin I do, just with a little bit of a different introduction.

Raising up enough to move him, I gently flip him to his stomach before resting on his lower back, brushing away the hair in the way, and then I start running my hands over his shoulders, adding pressure here and there until I hear him gasp in discomfort. Going back to the spot above his right shoulder blade, I press into the knot with my thumbs, tenderly trying to work it out, and I say, "You're really tense, Kanda. Why is that? You haven't been on missions lately."

"It's not like I can help it when I get knots, but they hurt like―AH!" he breaks off with a gasp mixed with a groan before biting the pillow under his head. Giggling, I mimic his low tone of voice and say in his ear, "Don't do that. I want to hear you."

Rolling his eyes, Kanda releases the pillow, "Haha, very funny."

It takes a little more work, but soon, the knot was gone, and I think that Kanda's face was more relaxed than normal. Part of me I think expected him to have more knots on his back, but I think he was just tense overall, nothing my hands couldn't handle. When I had finished massaging him, I snuggled up next to him, and he teased, "What happened to being horny?"

"I gave up," I muttered, pulling the sheet higher over us just as the door burst open, revealing the rabbit and Lenalee. My arm immediately shot out over Kanda so he wouldn't go homicidal on the idiotic duo, but even though I could feel his breathing become heavy with rage, he didn't make any moves and flopped down on his pillow. Glancing at the two standing in the door, I mutter, "At this point you might as well come in."