eighteen

Minho walked into a large building owned by NASA. He was a bit weary about the whole situation, but he trusted Hyunjin. This was where the younger had told him to meet up at.

Looking up at the structure through his puffy and slightly red eyes, Minho sighed.
He wanted to go home.

The walls he'd built up around himself over the past few months had all but crashed down with only a few words that mentioned Jisung by name. He was in no shape to perform at 100%, but yet, still, here he was.

As he made his way up to the small congregation of scientists, Hyunjin looked around just in time to spot him approaching. From the look on his face, Minho could tell that he looked terrible.

“Oh, hyung.” Hyunjin whispered when he saw his friend near him, beyond exhausted.

He pulled Minho into a tight hug.

Normally, the elder would've hated this, and would've pushed Hyunjin away immediately. Would've.

Not today, though. Today was different. Minho was hurting, and if all he needed to make him feel whole again was an embrace, then he would gladly be hugging everyone.
This meant that Hyunjin's touchy personality worked out well in his favor.

He couldn't imagine what Jisung was doing up there in his lonesomeness. He didn't have a friend like Hyunjin up there. He didn't have anybody.

Minho turned away, trying to wipe his eyes quickly before Hyunjin or any of the others noticed. He was stopped, however, by his friend's warm hand, gently guiding his chin back around.

They were close, almost nose to nose. Hyunjin reached his other fingers up to softly swipe away the tears slowly leaking from Minho's eyes.

He gave his hyung a small, sad smile. It wasn't his job anymore, but maybe he could look after Minho for a bit, just until Jisung returned.

Minho snapped his gaze and limbs away from Hyunjin's, rubbing his eyes roughly on his own sleeves. With a sniff, he began speaking, avoiding eye contact with Hyunjin at all costs.

“So, uh, what did you need me for again?”

Hyunjin smiled and shook his head resignedly, slipping his hands into the pockets of his slacks.

“That's your team, working with Woojin hyung right now. We've established a secure connection with Jisung for the meantime, so you guys should be able to advise him without even having to leave this station.”  

Minho's sore eyes suddenly widened.
“My- MY team? I'm leading them??”

Hyunjin gave a small nod, grin still on his face. “That is correct. Lee Minho, this is your mission.”
In a whisper, he added, “Go get your mans, hyung,” and nudged his friend into the circle of people.

Before Minho could retaliate in any way, Hyunjin crept away, not knowing where exactly he was headed. Hyunjin had a meeting in around three hours, but there was plenty of time until then.
As he made his way down the hall, he heard voices, arguing.

“The team has a right to know! It's been over a month, almost two months, and they still think he's dead! You can't-”

“You do not tell me what I can and cannot do. We will discuss this later.”

“But-”

“Later, director.”

A scoff, slamming of a door, and angry footsteps were heard.
A very vexed Lee Felix all but came barrelling into Hyunjin, muttering to himself.

“I'm their manager, for God's sake, he can't even-”

“Felix? You okay man?”

“Outta my way, Hwang, it's been a bad day.”

And then he was gone.

Sighing, Hyunjin shook his head and continued walking away.
It didn't matter what Felix was going to do, he had to be at that meeting as well. He could sulk all he wanted, but he still had a job to do.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Ugh I have to go back to school tomorrow.

Im also thinking about getting my hair cut. Rn it goes down to my elbows, but imma get a bob cut. y'know when? Tomorrow. If I can stop getting nervous about it. It'll be going to a good cause, so that's good 👍👍👍

I'm rambling

Anyways
Happy early Valentines day everyone!
You're all now officially my valentines, so that we can be not-alone buddies!!

AiGht
bAi