twenty four

am I even relevant anymore lmao

Was I ever relevant-

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Seungmin raced down the hall, nearly crashing into several scientists on his way. The meeting had started over five minutes ago, and, although he couldn't turn back time, he could still get there at a reasonable time… if he hurried.

Better late than never, right?

Rounding the corner, he burst into the meeting room, eyes going wide for a second when he saw JYP himself.

Seungmin was never one to really show his emotions, however, if anyone witnessed the head of NASA glaring at them like he was right now, they would be pretty shocked too. He quickly regained his posture and bowed, because although they were in America, a few extra manners never hurt anyone.

“And just who are you?”

“Kim Seungmin, sir. I have a plan.”

The man gave him a motion as if to say 'proceed.’ the younger took a deep breath, setting his papers on the table.

Maybe a visual description would work better to explain his idea.
He whirled around, eyes searching the people in the room.

“Uhh you.”
Seungmin gestured for Hyunjin to come over to his side and stand about ten feet away from JYP. “Okay so,” he glanced at the meeting room table, spotting a stapler, he grabbed it. “Let's say this stapler is the IIIRacha craft. Usually it'd begin deceleration in about four months, preparing for intercept with Earth, right?”

Everyone in the room nodded slowly, unsure of where this was going. Seungmin began moving towards JYP. “You're Earth, okay. I'm suggesting that instead of slowing down, we accelerate, just getting close enough to Earth to get a Gravity Assist,” he surprised everyone by walking around JYP, and stared him in the eye, taking a pen out of the pocket of his suit coat. “And some new supplies for the trip there and back.” He snapped the stapler shut around the pen, walking back over to Hyunjin, who, apparently represented Mars.

“Preposterous. You're suggesting we slingshot IIIRacha around the Earth and back to Mars again? When they barely escaped last time? Do the crew members even know that Jisung is alive?”

Woojin shared a glance with Hyunjin, the two of them looking back at their director worriedly. A voice from the corner spoke up. “No, but I believe that they should, sir.” Felix had finally joined in the conversation. He looked up and away from the window, arms crossed. “They have a right to know, and as their mission director, having worked with them for years, I know for a fact that they would be more than happy to go back to Mars for Jisung.”

“I'm sorry, but we can't allow it. We should just send a probe with supplies for him and hope for the best. Do not leak a word of this to the crew.”

“Sir, by the time the probe is ready to be launched- when we don't even know if it'll make it off the ground in the first place- Jisung will be as good as dead.” Felix had rushed forward and placed his hands aggressively on the table.

JYP stood for a moment, almost looking as though he were weighing his options.

Felix turned away from the table, running a hand through his hair exasperatedly.

“Um I never finished showing you guys my plan.”

Everyone's attention switched back to Seungmin, looking kind of small next to Hyunjin. He cleared his throat.

“Well at this point, IIIRacha would be going to fast to stop on the surface.” Several mouths opened, as if they wanted to protest, but Seungmin cut them off. “But- we could do a fly by.”

“What good would a fly by do us if we can't get Han off the surface?” JYP inquired incredulously, nearly scoffing at the mere thought of it.

Woojin seemed to understand where he was going with this. Taking another pen out of his own pocket, he walked up to Hyunjin and clicked it on his forehead. “Han would have to intercept the IIIRacha in a shuttle craft that's already on the planet.”

He handed the pen to Seungmin, who slid it into the stapler along with the other pen. “And then we just return to Earth. Easy.”

The room was quiet for a moment before JYP spoke up.

“No, my decision stands. I'm sorry, but I'm doing this in everyone's best interests. That ending stunt with Han would be way too risky, I'm sorry.”

“Oh, and leaving him on Mars for even longer than he has to be isn't risky? How on Earth is this in everyone's best interests?” Woojin moved over to Felix, trying to get him to calm down.

“Mr. Lee, your arguments are based on emotion alone. I am looking at the bigger picture. This plan does not leave this room, you hear me?” JYP said sternly.

Hyunjin, Seungmin, and Woojin nodded.

Felix did as well, only very grudgingly.
No one noticed the silent crossed fingers that he slipped behind his back.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Woohoo im back

I really don't want June to end yet :/ I really like my pride theme, especially this book's cover

a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶k̶ ̶b̶e̶f̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶J̶u̶n̶e̶

*Cough* what, you heard
n o t h i n g

Toodles, you noodles