bonus

“When… when will I get to meet your parents?”

They were curled up on Felix's couch, late and rushed dinner made up of Chinese food spread out on the coffee table as they watched chick flicks.

Changbin had been wondering for a while, and since six months had passed since he'd returned from his venture in space, he thought it was a great time. Gently, Felix, who was laying in between Changbin's legs, back pressed against his chest, grabbed one of his hands and started playing with it.

“I've told you that you can't, Bin. I haven't spoken to them in years.”

His face was pointed away from Changbin, but he could tell that Felix was upset. Regret poured through his veins, and he wrapped his arms around the Australian even tighter- a nonverbal way of letting him know that he was there for him.

“Know what.. you might be able to meet my sister though.” Felix said, perking up. “Jisung and Minho are friends with her, and… the last time I talked to her was at your landing.”

Changbin smiled and leaned down to press a kiss on the shell of Felix's ear. “That'd be perfect, babe. Whatever you're comfortable with.”

Felix smiled and scrambled up, throwing the fluffy blanket off of him and down onto Changbin in a clump. He paused the show they were watching, and wandered over to the table.

“What're you doing?”
Changbin's eyes followed Felix as he grabbed his phone and raced out of the room.

“Be right back. I'm gonna get her number or something.” Felix said, poking his head around the corner and smiling at Changbin.

He came back a few moments later, and settled himself against Changbin's chest and between his legs without a word. Changbin was even more confused when he offered no explanation, and instead turned the TV back on before pulling the blanket back over them.

It wasn't until his doe eyes met Changbin's confused ones that he cracked a smile.

“We're gonna hang out in a few days at a restaurant by the docks!”

Changbin grinned, and pressed a kiss against Felix's freckled cheek. “Wait but- how?”

“I texted Minho, and he said that they were already planning on meeting up with her there, and that we could go instead of them...to surprise her, yknow?”

Changbin nodded, and buried his face in Felix's soft hair with a sigh. They rested there for a second, limbs entangled and hearts beating in sync.

Maybe it was fate that brought them together.
Felix's cheery, go-with-the-flow nature, and his reciprocated attraction to one of the astronauts on the team he'd been assigned to- which just so happened to be IIIRacha- probably had been a big part of it, but fate could have also contributed.

Changbin felt a giggle bubble up out of his throat. He had no idea why, but all of a sudden, he was laughing, and Felix was looking up at him in slight concern, and amusement, and with some other, warmer, glint that Changbin couldn't quite place.

And he couldn't help it.

He tilted Felix's head up gently by his chin, and craned his neck a bit to place a firm peck on the Australian's perfect lips.

Now Felix was giggling as well, nearly slipping off of the couch as he struggled to breathe properly. The sight of his best friend and lover quaking with laughter sent him into a fit of it himself.

They were a complete mess, and by the time they'd managed to calm down, they were on the floor beside one another, blanket twisted securely around their limbs.