Clean Up

It was maybe three in the morning when the music stopped and people began to leave. Mason sat up. ” I guess I should get going...” He says. His voice warm in my ear.
” Dont go,” I whine.
He smiles. ” I'll call you,” he promises. I walk him to the door and watch him drive off before shutting the door.

”SKY!” I hear Joseph call from the kitchen.
”What?!” I scream back. When he doesn't answer I go see what's wrong. I look around. The house is trashed. He's sitting on the floor sipping beer. ” Wanna help me clean up?” he asks. I groan.
” I guess,” I help him stand and he pats my back.
” Things got pretty bad earlier. Why didn't you tell me you got a boyfriend?”
” Because I didnt want you to tell Drew!”
” He knows now...”
” No sh*t Sherlock! Where is he anyway?”
” I dont know... I haven't seen him since I met Ren. She was hot!”
” God Joseph, are you ever going to get a serious girlfriend?”
” Nah, that's what marriage is for... Anyway, I'll take the kitchen and front and back porch. You clean the living room.”
” Whatever...”

I grab a couple trash bags, some gloves, and a broom and get started. And when Drew shows up out of nowhere, I'll admit that I was a bit freaked out. He's staring at me. ” So you really moved on?” He finally says. I nod. I can't speak because he's looking at me the same way he used to when we were together.
” Are you scr*wing him?” he asks suddenly. I turn red.
” I dont think that's any of your business.” Even though I know it's every bit of his business. He was after all the person I always swore I'd lose it to. He's standing in front of me before I know it. His breath smells like beer. I understand now. He's drunk. It's the only time he's disrespectful.
” I'm sorry Sky.” he says. I don't know what he's apologizing for but I forgive him. We're hugging before I know it. His muscular arms wrapped tightly around me. ”I didn't lose it,” I find myself telling him. He doesn't let go.