Chapter 48: Enter the Mad Zone

Morgan was getting his weapons ready in the main room of his apartment. He loaded his guns as he knows that the royal guards of Celestia will come back. He straps himself with a sun machine gun on his right side of his back, a shotgun on the left side of his back, two hand gun strapped on his laps, and two large combat knives strapped on his waist. He looks at the reflection of shattered glass to see his own tired face with armor on his upper body. He begins to wonder when this will stop. His moral has slightly change of hating certain ponies instead of all ponies. He never had thought he would survive for more than three years, yet here he was with pony and changeling allies after he battling them, timberwolves liking him after he battle them just for food, and slowly becoming sane. Not only that, but finally found a way to cure any humans who has become ponies thanks to research resulting in Lily. There has been many time he would often lose his mind and thought of a dark idea. Yet, he was still stand for all mankind.

"Morgan, are you alright?" asked Natalie, who was slowly approaching her husband.

"I'm good, but I never thought I got to see you again," he response with a tear in his eye. "Not only that, but I have allies that would have been enemies if they didn't give me a chance to explain myself. These princesses have fooled everyone and alter their reason for erasing the humanity."

"But now we are getting strong," Natalie hugged him for comfort. "We have striven after what they did and now we will get them back."

"You're right my dear. We have hidden from them and survived, but I want to live a normal life as I can. I want to feel peace before I'm gone, not alerted."

Morgan face his wife again before he places a hand on her cheeks and lean forward for a kiss. Natalie allow his lips to touched hers, feeling eased and enjoyment she remembers before chaos has arrive from the ponies three years ago. They release their kiss after a few seconds and look at each other with love and care.

"Natalie," Morgan whispers.

"Yeah Morgan?" she answered with a calming tone.

"Do you know how to transfer magic on to a living subject?" he asked.

"I don't know Morgan. I haven't tried that. Why you asked?"

"Celestia and Luna are too powerfully for an individual to face. Their magic and power are far beyond strong, but I can figure out how to harness equal power. I already the speed of a pegasus, so if I tried to practice using it to do more than just going fast, then I could find a way to use magic by getting a sample."

Natalie looked at her husband in disbelieve. She has never heard or seen a normal human using magic from ponies before. Maybe it was a stretch, yet she believes Morgan knows what he's doing. She has seen him use the powers of Rainbow Dash, but using other powers from different type of ponies might be too much.

"You think it will work?" she asked him with some concern.

"I know it will work. I need to use a sample and find a way to mix it so it will be safe for me to transfer its powers onto myself," he explains.

Natalie look at him once again before she sighs and use her aura and give a small part of it towards Morgan. The former scientist uses a clear two-liter bottle to put the aura in. he looks at the color of his wife's power and smile in glee. This was getting him closer to be ready for the incoming war.

"Thank you my dear, now I need to go with the ponies and the changelings to confront Lexington," he said as he places the bottle on to the chess table. "Watch this for me Caesar."

Natalie felt sad that Morgan's company was a statue, but it kind of help him from keeping some sanity that was there. She walks to the statue and pet it on the head. Morgan chuckled seeing his wife getting along with his friend.