093

it got quiet between the, the only thing that broke the silence was the soft music playing through the radio as they arrived to the stadium. the driver had brought the family through the members entrance- mike's orders. the 6'10 power forward was already there when lex arrived and he was quick to open the door for them. a smile on their faces as they got out of the car, "are you actually playing today?" lex questioned, an arched eyebrow as mike rolled his eyes and wrapped his arm around her shoulder before leaning in to kiss her cheek, "answer my question, big head." lex looked up to see him, as he nodded.

haylee stayed behind them, watching them with adornment in her eyes. happy that lex found someone that sees her as the stars, the moon and the whole galaxy. it was so obvious to her that mike was all about lex and sometimes she wonder if cole ever actually loved lex. there was no doubt that at some point he was head over heels for her but at the end of the day she didn't think cole loved her best friend the way lex loved him at some point.

lex finally ducked over mike's arm, as she walked back to haylee, a smile on her lips as she hooked arms with her, "see you in there." lex winked as mike rolled his eyes walking backwards and waving at them.

it was quiet again and haylee looked at lex who stared at mike intently, her teeth chewing on her bottom lip. haylee knew that look all too well. it was the look lex gave someone when she didn't know where to begin. when she didn't know how to tell someone. the look that ate her alive until she finally exploded. she knew lex was ready to explode. she had been holding it in for god knew how long, "spill."
haylee commanded as lex looked down at her, with her eyes stitched together in confusion, "oh, don't act stupid. i know that look all too well, alexia. what's wrong."

lex licked her lips. where did she begin? how could she begin. there was no sugar coating it. it was what it was and there was no way she could change it, "i think i'm pregnant." she confessed as haylee grew pale, "i don't know what to do. i'm only nineteen and mike, he's not ready to be a dad. i would ruin our lives."

later that night after the game instead of going home with mike lex and haylee found themselves at haylee parents house in her childhood bedroom as they opened the pregnancy test that they had bought.

"you're a fucking slut." lex muttered as they were awake into the late hours of the night looking at the array of pregnancy test they had gotten a few hours before.

haylee could careless what snarky remark left her best friends lips. all she cared was that those snarky remarks were being towards her and she didn't realize she missed that smart mouth, "you're the one that is pregnant here." haylee hissed back making lex look at her muttering something about her not actually being pregnant until those test came back positive, "what are you gonna tell mike?" haylee asked.

she closed her eyes, thinking foy second and the real question was what would lex tell her brothers, "that i'm pregnant, duh." she retorted, "what am i gonna tell my brothers?" she asked haylee as she slowly sat next to her and leaned into her.

the timer finally went off and lex felt tears brimming her eyes as she looked at haylee unable to get words to form. her honey eyes pleaded her best friend to look at the test and haylee didn't need any more verbal direction as she wheeled closer up and looked at the pregnancy test and her heart dropped.

"what do they say?" lex finally piped up, her voice cracking as a couple of tears rolled down her eyes and haylee smiled warmly as wheeled closer to her best friend. lex felt herself letting out a loud whimper as tears streamed down now shamelessly, "oh my god."

haylee wasn't sure if they were happy tears but by the look of it, she was sure they weren't, "i'm so stupid." lex cried.

"it's negative you dumbass." haylee hissed as she showed her the other tests, "quit crying."