178

"if you're anywhere near lex, i need you to walk away." mike spoke as haylee looked at lex and millie who spoke to the landlord of the apartment lex was looking to get before her spring semester. haylee walked away, excusing herself as she went outside.

"what's up?" she asked as she heard him shuffling around his room before he let out an airy breath that made haylee feel concerned, "what did you do?" she asked, nibbling her lip nervousness laced through her voice.

mike scoffed, as a smile took place on her lips, "nah, nothing bad like that." he spoke, "i just need your help with something."

"mike." haylee trailed off, "don't make this world war three, things are going back to normal and-"

"i'm proposing."

"oh god." haylee breathed out, letting out the breath she didn't know she was holding in relieved by the fact that it was good news, "okay, what do you need."

"i'm having cierra make this short film with all my videos and pictures i have of lex. i'm then trying to see if i can get someone to make an animation of how we met basically the story of us." mike spoke and haylee felt her heart melt at the sound of that, "what i need you do is try to rent out a movie theatre in california, we play the lakers next week and i'm hoping everything is going to be ready by then. hayls, can you do that?"

"is that even a question, mike? of course i can! i'm the reason you guys are together, i've been your number one fan since the beginning! i got you."

mike smiled, his plan was going to be placed right before christmas and that's exactly what needed to happen, "hayls, you're the best! i'm trying to get the whole family out and on it too. i've already spoken with laura and nolan about it. maybe you can get cousy and jonah on it too?"

haylee smiled as she looked to make sure no one was hearing. the last thing she wanted was for lex to be eavesdropping and ruining mike's hard work, "i'll talk to him once he gets back from the furniture store with cousy. they're getting the last things lex needs before we move her in."

lex noticed how weird everyone was acting the week following to mike's big proposal. jumpy around her and refusing to speak more than needed and lex would sometimes try challenge haylee and jonah but jonah couldn't do it. he knew that he would break so he would find an excuse himself from her present, "what are you guys hiding?" she asked, as she took another forkful of lo-mien.

haylee shook her head. she needed that friday to come closer than ever. she felt like every time she would open her mouth the plan would just crawl up her throat, "i think you're making things up." haylee shook her head, "hallucinating almost."

"don't call me crazy." lex spoke, "jonah can't even look at me in the eyes, you guys are hiding something."

"so when does mike get here?" haylee asked changing the subject and making lex roll her eyes.

"thursday night." lex narrowed her eyes, "we're going out after the game."