192

Haylee took a deep breath as she got out of the car. She slipped on her sunglasses and pulled out her Giants VIP badge before showing it to security. They immediately helped her through the crowds of fans that were around the perimeter watching. She shaded her eyes and looked around for Jonah. She didn't see him but immediately spotted Lindsee. She jogged over to her friend.

"Hey, Linds!"

"Hayls! How are you?" She grinned and gave her a hug.

"Good! And you?"

"I'm great! We're all so excited for the game tonight!"

"So am I! It's gonna be a great game! Do you know when the guys next get a break? I wanna talk to Jonah."

"You have perfect timing. They're taking a break in a couple minutes," Lindsee smiled.

"Oh perfect," Haylee smiled.

The guys started coming off the field and up towards where she was waiting with Lindsee. She smiled and hugged Zachary before spotting Jonah. He clearly saw her too because a big smile broke out on his face as he jogged up the hill to her.

"Hey babe!" He grinned and leaned down to give her a kiss.

"Hey, Jo," she smiled and kissed him back.

"I wasn't expecting to see you until tonight! Whatcha doing here?"

"What? Are you not happy to see me?" She joked.

"Oh stop! I'm always happy to see you, Haylee," he laughed.

"I'm here because I wanted to talk to you real quick," Haylee forced a bright smile.

"Sure, let's go over there," Jonah nodded towards a large tree with a lot of shade.

"Jonah! Water!" Hunter tossed him a water bottle.

"Thanks, Hunter!"

The two of them walked over to the tree. Jonah sat down and leaned against the trunk as he sucked down the water. He was breathing heavily. Haylee sat down next to him.

"What's up, babe? I can tell you have a lot on your mind."

"Yeah. I do," she agreed, shifting to look at him, "well. I guess there's no easy way to say this so-"

"Are you breaking up with me?" Jonah took off his sunglasses and fixed her with an even stare.

"God no. Nothing like that," she shook her head and pushed her sunglasses on the top of her head, "I'm pregnant."

Jonah spit out the water he had just drank and looked at her in shock, "WHAT?!"

"I'm pregnant," she repeated, pulling out the bag of six pregnancy tests she had taken and handed it to him.

Jonah's mouth was hanging open as he slowly took the bag from Haylee and looked at the tests. Haylee held her breath and waited for him to say something. He just stared at the bag in his hands. She exhaled shakily and bit her lip. Haylee hugged her knees to her chest and laid her cheek on her kneecaps as he continued to stare at the bag. She bit her lip waiting for him to say something—anything.

"Oh my god, please say something, Jonah! You're killing me here!" She exclaimed after a few more minutes. Jonah looked up at her with tears in his eyes which made her heart plummet into her stomach.

"I-I shouldn't have come here," tears welled in her eyes as she stood up, "s-sorry. I'm-I'm sorry."

Haylee grabbed her purse and turned away from where Jonah was still sitting on the ground. She wiped her eyes as she walked away quickly. Her heart felt like it was breaking into a million pieces. Her mind was racing with a million and one thoughts about what she was going to do.

This was just what Haylee had been scared of. This reaction was what had kept her up for the last 48 hours. The anxiety of telling Jonah, the man she loved, that she was pregnant had been eating her alive. Her worst fears had been confirmed—Jonah wasn't excited.

How was she going to stay in San Francisco knowing that Jonah didn't want their baby? She couldn't just break her contract with the Warriors. She was going to have to move out. And fast. But it was complicated because her name was on the house. She needed to find an apartment. Maybe Paige and Dillon could come out and help her.

She sniffled as her shaking hands wiped the tears off her cheeks. Haylee saw Lindsee, Zachary, Evan, and Hunter looking at her concerned. She shook her head and kept walking as they all took a step towards her. She couldn't talk now. Security made sure the fans backed up as she made her way to where the Warriors car was waiting for her. She was almost to the gates when familiar arms wrapped around her.

"Haylee, stop," Jonah gently turned her to face him.

"Jonah, I gotta go. I have to get ready for the game," she mumbled, staring at the Giants logo on his shirt.

"Haylee, look at me. Please look at me," Jonah whispered.

"Jonah, I have to go," she said as firmly as her voice would allow.

"Haylee," Jonah used one hand to lift her chin up, so she was looking at him. She closed her eyes and turned her head to the side slightly, "Haylee, stop. Haylee, let's talk."

"Jo, I told you—I need to go," she sniffled.

"You clearly have time. You wouldn't have come here if you didn't," Jonah argued, "yes I am shocked, but I'm not mad. I'm thrilled! Hayls, this is all I've ever wanted for us."

"Really?" Haylee's eyes flew open.

"Really! Thank you so much! I've always wanted to be a father! And what's even better is that it's with you. I love you so much," Jonah grinned.

"I love you too! You scared me!" She lightly hit her hand against his chest.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm so sorry. I was just so surprised. I had no idea what to say," Jonah leaned down and kissed her forehead, "I'm so so sorry, Haylee. I promise, I'm so excited! We're having a baby!"

"You nearly gave me a heart attack, Jonah! I thought it was a deja vu."

"Sam wasn't happy?" Jonah tilted his head.

"Not really at first. He came around," she shrugged.

"Well, I am thrilled. I can't wait to have a family with you," Jonah bent down and picked Haylee up. She wrapped her legs around his torso and kissed him.

"I love you so fucking much, Haylee," he whispered into her lips, "thank you for making me a father."

hayleeserna
16min

hayleeserna 16min