147

"what are you thinking about?" devin asked, finally speaking up as he had spent a couple of moments watching as lex sat on the grass, her eyes staring blankly at the bushes.

watching as devin got closer to her, lex smiled softly as he sat behind her, his arms wrapping around her waist and bringing her close to his chest. there was a was a serenity that devin brought. she couldn't explain it but she liked the way she felt around him. her lungs were able to breathe, there was no wanting to crawl out of her skin, there was no drowning in the middle of it all. there was this tranquility that sat within her. that made her soul feel rejuvenated, "i don't know." she answered honestly, truth be told lex wasn't thinking about anything, "i don't think i was."

devin smiled, as his chin rested on her shoulder. sitting there, the two didn't know if they loved each other. it was too soon to know. but what they felt together, didn't feel like love. it felt like familiarity. like comfort. like they had sound of the birds chirping in the morning and the warmth of blanket on a cold night. it was the waves crashing, and the sun peaking out as the new dawn brought light. they were thankful for each other. happy to be in each other's presence. but they weren't in love.

i've had writers block all week 🥴 so this is as good as its gonna get... i'm deeply sorry!

i love you all!!