125

lex sat outside of her patio. suddenly the sky wasn't as pretty as she thought it was. suddenly the stars and the moon weren't as beautiful and bright as she thought it. the pit inside her stomach made it unbearable to breathe and the ache in her heart say heavy within her.

from inside the kitchen, the family watched as lex sat there, lost in her thoughts. the giggles that left her lips earlier during dinner was replaced by a of sickness. her facial expression had changed so quickly that it had startled her mother, asking her youngest what's wrong or if the food was upsetting her. it wasn't the food, it was the news she had received from her friends that had upset her stomach.

"maybe i should go talk to her." her father offered, but as soon as those words left his mouth he regretted it by the look of his wife, "you know, alexia gives jonah that same look. if looks could kill, our son would be buried deeper than what we could ever imagine." he finished off earning a chuckle from his oldest son, cousy who had just laid his daughter on the couch after she had fallen asleep in his arms.

"i'll go talk to her." he offered. out of the four arenando siblings cousy had gotten that arenado  temper. he was mellow and rarely exploded like nolan and lex did often of how jonah did, but there was a kick to it. cousy earned amused looks from both his mother and wife as soon as those words left his mouth that made him scoff in response as he walked away and quietly snuck up on his baby sister, "what are you thinking about, squirt?" he asked, taking off his socks as he dipped his own feet into the pool.

lex looked at him with teary eyes, her lips caught between her teeth as she but hard trying to prevent herself from crying, "my heart hurts so bad, couz." her voice was barely above a whisper as those words left her lips, stabbing him in the heart.

not asking anymore questions, he pulled her sister into a hug, rubbing her back as lex hugged him tighter, "what's wrong."

lex didn't want to answer him. instead she reached for her phone as she showed him the text messages she had received from luca during dinner. screenshots after screenshots from some tumblr blog that exposed nba players, "this is isn't true, i mean. anyone can get on these apps and say things."

"she got pictures of him and tayla out and about. he told me he wasn't going to make jojo' a birthday party because of the playoffs, the whole time he was with tayla." she mumbled, wiping her tears away.

"they could just be friends. like you and that other dude, what's his name, devin?"

 like you and that other dude, what's his name, devin?"

liked by dbookuniverse, mya.renee and thousands of others

lexarenado see ya in the fall, UCLA

view 315 comments

hayleeserna happy because i won't get a call from you every night complaining about calc

hayleeserna happy because i get to see my best friend soon 🥰🥰
↪️
       lexarenado yeeyee 🤠

bellarodriguez oh she's leaving but on another note you're literally goals 🔥🔥🔥

dbook where to?
↪️
        lexarenado my room :)

mya.renee yayyyy! proud of you!! i can't wait to see you
↪️
         lexarenado you're my fave human being over 💛

cierraporter counting down the days until i get to see you!!!!!!

mpj my girl 😍

mpjlegacy i'm so ready for the mike content

nbawags we will be getting a lot of mike and lex content 👀

milliemafooty my beautiful girl ❤️

jonaharenado put a shirt on
↪️
        lexarenado shave your patchy beard