173

it took a while for mike to finally knock on her door. it took a lot of pacing around and raking his brain for the words to say. preparing himself to finally look at lex properly after months of being apart. closing the door behind him as he entered, he and lex made eye contact as he stood motionless and frozen in his spot. he thought having her lifeless body was scary, but finally looking at her after the way things ended between him topped it, "haylee told me you wanted to see me next." his voice was just as deep as lex remembered. it was the thunder in the rain, but it was familiar and so lovely to her.

nodding, lex swallowed hard, "i do." she smiled softly, "i guess i just wanted to thank you, you know for basically saving my life."

mike shook his head, dismissing her, "i promised you i would always be there when you fell." mike reminded her, "it's a promise, i will forever have you."

lex felt blush creep on her cheeks as mike looked at her with his hazel dopey eyes, "thank you." lex finally spoke. it was quiet between. unanswered questions between them.

"why didn't you tell me?" he asked, "that you were suffering from it?"

"how do i tell my boyfriend when it would take him days to answer a text message or he wouldn't be on the phone with me more than five minutes." lex spoke, her voice faltering as she tried to contain her tears, "it all piled up on me."

mike nodded. ashamed of himself for not realizing that he had pushed her away with it him knowing, "i don't think i'll forgive myself for that." he muttered, "and i don't expect you to forgive me either."

lex was quiet as she studied mike and she finally asked him what had been eating her alive, "what did she have that i didn't?"

the question caught him off guard as mike shook his head, feeling like a fool, "nothing." he answered truthfully, "i had it all with you."

"then why?"

"i came to the conclusion after i lost you that i was a fool. i wanted you around more. i wanted your attention more. i was selfish. and tayla was always there when you weren't. i failed to realize that your independence was what i love about you."

lex nodded. she didn't know what to say. she wanted to be held by him. she wanted him but the words weren't leaving, "do you still love me?" she asked.

"all of you." mike spoke, "i felt so incompetent when i saw you laying there. lex, i felt like if i lost you or something bad happened to you, it would be on me."

"will you hold me?" she asked ignoring him completely, "i just want you to hold me, close and never let me go."

mike didn't question it. his legs were already moving as he got under the covers with her and brought her close to him. they molded right into each other, like puzzle pieces. they were made for each other, "i heard you haven't slept." she whispered as she felt mike's fingers play with her hair. looking up at him, mike looked at her and gave her a cheapish smile.

"i didnt want to leave your side." he answered truthfully, "i wanted to make sure you were okay, i guess."

"well." lex began as she scooted up, so she was eye level with him, "i'm okay so now i want you to sleep."

mike shook his head, as lex's body radiated the familiar warmth that he missed, "my health is the least of my concern." mike responded, "you are my number one priority."

lex shook her head as she looked at mike, "no, sir." she smiled, "im awake now, with full capacity of my motor skills, you are taking care of you health."