154

"How are you feeling?" Haylee asked Jonah as he walked into the kitchen where she was making lunch with Millie.

"Annoyed. I was talking with Ethan and Will, and they don't think I'm going to get to play again this season," his face was red with anger.

"Oh, Jo," Millie frowned, "I'm sorry."

Haylee walked over and wrapped her arms around him, "I'm so sorry."

"Me too," he grumped.

"What's the recovery process look like?" Millie asked him.

"I don't get out of this stupid shoulder brace for a month, and then I have to wait another week and a half to get my arm cast off. After that I have two weeks in a soft cast before I can even start physical therapy," he explained his time line.

"Yeah, that takes us through the middle of September," Haylee nodded sadly, "I'm so sorry. Is there anything I can do to help you?"

"Yeah you can go on vacation with me. The Giants told me to take a break."

"Where were you thinking?" Haylee ran her fingers through his hair as he sat down and pulled her to stand between his legs.

"How about? Paris?" He kissed her nose.

"I think Paris is always a good idea," she grinned wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Me too," Jonah leaned forward and pressed his lips to hers, "city of love with my love. What could be better?"

"I think that would be a great little get away for you two," Millie smiled, "Nando and I could stay here and watch the dogs for you."

"Thank you. That would be great!" Jonah grinned, "I'll start planning."

"Just tell me when, and I'll go. I'd go anywhere with you," she kissed his cheek.

"You two make my heart happy," Millie grinned.

Liked by mlbwags marhernandez and thousands of others

jonaharenado Just a quick update. I'm home from the hospital and resting with Haylee and our dogs. I broke my arm and dislocated my shoulder when I landed on second base playing against the Cardinals earlier this week. Thank you so much for all of your well wishes and prayers. We appreciate every single one of them!

-Jonah and Haylee

Comments have been limited

cousy_arenado Feel better soon bro!

milliemafooty Take it easy Jo!

hayleeserna ❤️ you babe

sfgiants Glad to hear it! See you both soon!

lexarenado Why did no one tell me this happened????