SUSPICIOUS

The whole family sat in the living room after dinner. Jai was steeling glances at Priya in between the chatter. Suddenly Krishna tensed reading a message on the phone.

Noticing her father's state Divi asked "Naanna is everything alright?".

Krishna slightly widened his eyes and smiled forcibly "Everything is fine talli. It's already late everyone go to sleep" and left to his room.

Jai narrowed his eyes with suspicion as everyone retired to their rooms. Priya, Jai and Divya together went towards their rooms. Divi was still thinking about her father's state from before and unconsciously passed her room.

Jai caught Divi's wrist pulling her back making her stop and turn. She looked at her wrist and then Jai as he asked "Where were you lost?" raising his eyebrows.

She saw her room door and winced closing her eyes. Jai laughed and hit her forehead with his fingers. Priya watched them with a smile but a bit of jealousy.

She cleared her throat making them look at her and Jai left Divi's wrist while Priya hugged her sister "Don't over think ok, naanna is fine. Now go get some sleep".

Divi nodded saying goodnight to both and went into her room. But she couldn't sleep. She was thinking about her Naanna. And it made her restless.