FACING HIM

"Don't you know it's a bad habit to read someone else's dairy?" Divi asked pulling her knees to her chest and leaned her chin on them.

Jai sat beside her stretching his right leg  holding the journal "I'm always one to break the rules".

"Bad thing you broke into my life" Divi got up snatching the journal and threw it in the dustbin.

"What are you doing?"Jai asked.

Divi lit a match stick and threw it in the dustbin. When Jai widened his eyes and went to stop the fire she stood in front of him.

"When you break the rules, a fire starts within you which want to come out. Either you stop the fire or the fire burns you just like that" Divi motioned to the dustbin. She moved to the door opening it wide and extended her hand outside for Jai to leave the room.

He stared at her with a broken look and went out. She shut the room door on his face making Jai close his eyes. He touched the door with his palm and leaned his forehead.

Divi slid down to the ground when the tears she hid from past five years started flowing out of her eyes. She started sobbing and Jai leaned his back on the door closing his eyes listening to her.

He wanted to console her, hold her in his arms and say everything is going to be fine but he can't. He can't give empty promises just so she could suffer more.