Epilogue

[A/N]

Merry Christmas everyone!

Long waited epilogue is finally here, written in a Christmas version from obvious reason haha. Hope you enjoy and stay safe! ^^

_____________________

"At the end of the day, you're the one whom my heart belongs to." ✨

|Chapter 52: "Christmas love."|

Years later;

"Hayoon, baby, how many times do I have to tell you?" Wrapping your arms around a two year old kid, you pick her up and give her a stern gaze. Or at least, a try of a stern gaze. "Don't draw on mommy's face with a permanent marker. It took me a week to wipe it off the last time you did it."

Hayoon chews on the lid of a black marker in her hand, a pair of chocolate orbs staring at you cluelessly.

She doesn't have any regrets, does she?

An eye contact is held between you for some time, before you're the first to loosen the grip, knowing very well your daughter isn't going to apologise. A bad habit she picked from her dad.

You heave a sigh, touching the tip of Hayoon's nose like a button. That always makes her smile. "You can draw on daddy's face though."

"Ya, daddy's face!" She wiggles out of your grip excitedly. You carefully land her down, she immediately running towards her parents' shared bedroom.

"Sorry, sweetie," you yell out before she can make it to the stairs. "But dad is not home yet, he's still working."

She stops, turning around with a pout. She's absolutely adorable whenever she does that, and you can't hold back a genuine smile.

"Oh, Hay," you kneel infront of her, a layer of soft expression covering your face. "You can do it first thing in the morning. It'll be our little secret."

A straight line of her thin lips soon shines curved upwards as you grab a strand of her hair and push it behind her ear. "A secret!"

"That's my girl," you pat her head gently. "Now, would you go get your brother and tell him that brownies are done?"

"Brownies, brownies!" Hayoon shouts in amazement and quickly joggs upstairs, heading to their bedroom to get her big brother.

You remain kneeling on the floor for some more, thinking of what you did to deserve such a wonderful family. That's something you're beyond grateful for every single day.

It's not a secret your daughter is a creative one, but she uses your face as a canvas way too often, and that too with a not-so-easy to take off marker. That's why you decided go buy her a coloring book and some crayons for Christmas this year.

As for five year old son, Hoon, he's a literal copy of his dad when he was his age. Exact same features, interest in cars and games. Fortunately, the mind part and inteligence was picked up from your side. There's definitely a spark of his father's handsomeness laying in that boy. You bought him a garage toy for all his mini cars as a present.

You slowly pick yourself up from the floor and head to the bathroom, wetting a cloth and pressing it against your cheek, in order to try wipping off the drawn butterflies from there while you still have a chance.