💭

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing." 💭

"시작하는 방법은 대화를 그만두고 시작하는 것입니다." 💭

|Chapter 19:"searching."|

Jimin, Jin, Taehyung, Namjoon, Hoseok and Eun Jung were standing by the side of finish, waiting for players to appear since the path was cut shorter due to possible storm later. It's supposed to be 5 km long, but it took students only 30 minutes of running.

Six of them were staring anxiously at the spot they were supposed to appear from, actually waiting for you to come in the view first.

Some minutes later, a boy first came through the finish and announced as a winner, the rest of the students coming after him.

There was a desk with water bottles for them and they had to sign that they finished the race without any injuries.

Jimin and Jin exchanged gazes with each other as no one appeared after the last student. They were sure you weren't with the crowd.

"What should w-" Jin's question was cut off by his phone ringing. As he saw who it is, both of them panicked.
He cleared his throat before picking up. "Y-yes Jungkook?"

"Is the race done yet? Did she win?"

Jin looked over at Jimin, earning a nod from the other. "A-actually.. p-promise me you won't freak out.."

There was a minute of silence on the other line. "What happened?"

Older took a deep breath, then spoke. "The race ended, but... y/n didn't return."

Jungkook felt his hands becoming shaky and didn't waste a single second before grabbing his jacket and rushing out of hotel.

"Where to, Mr?" A driver asked as he saw Jungkook coming out and approaching the car.

"I'll drive, move." He coldly said and the driver didn't have other choice but to obey. Jungkook jumped in the car and sped up immediately, driving back towards Seoul.

Namjoon was tapping his foot against the ground and looking around. A girl went beside him and showed him the signs of all students. He quickly went through everyone's names, one specific yet not seen there.

"Are you sure no one skipped signing?" He asked, girl nodded.

"No one, sir."

Namjoon ran his fingers through his hair and turned to others beside him.
"I'm going to go search for one student, please you all stay here in case she returns."

Taehyung was the first to object. "If it's y/n, i will help!"

"Us too." Jin and Jimin jumped in.

"I'm her brother, i can't just watch and do nothing, she may be in danger!" Hoseok adds as well.

"I-i will stay here and wait.." Eun Jung suggested.

Namjoon thought about it. The path is big, maybe this way they will have bigger chances of finding her if she got lost.

"Okay." He said. "Let's all go to different directions. If someone finds her, bring her here and call others, understand?"

They all nodded and started splitting up.

"y/n!"

"y/n! Are you there?"

"y/n! y/n!"

"This is serious, what if something attacked her?" Jimin says once he stops to catch his breath. "It's been An hour since we started searching, and she's nowhere to be seen!"

"I don't know, Chim.. i don't know."
The sound of Jin's phone ringing can be heard again.

"Where are you? Is she found yet?!" Jungkook nearly shouts on the other line.

"She's not, we are still looking for her. We are in that forest two blocks away from the river."

"I'm coming there right now, wait for me."

Before older can say anything else, Jungkook hungs up. Now, they have to wait for him.

"Wait, he's willing to come back from Busan just because of her?" Jimin asks, hearing the entire conversation.

"I told you, he likes her more than he's willing to admit." Jin sighs. "I hope y/n will realise that as well." Both of them go quiet for a while.

Soon enough, a sound of a rushed car stops a few steps from the two, who instantly move their heads to look at that direction.

"y/n, where-where is she?!" Two olders notice the sweat on Jungkook's forehead as he's speaking, panick and worry taking over his strong voice.

Jimin and Jin just exchange looks and shrugg. The youngest one runs his fingers through his hair and speeds towards a random direction, before two others can complain or stop him.

"y/n!" Jungkook yells, running around the trees and searching for any clues about where you can be. He stops for a moment, trying to normalise his breathing, when the shapes of foots on the ground catch his eyes.

His eyes never leaving the footprints, he runs forward, to where they are pointing.

Suddenly, he stops right before falling over the low, steep ground in front. As  the boy lifts his head, the edge of the cliff greets his eyes. The footprints also stop there.

A lump grows in Jungkook's throat just by thinking about what could've happened. You sure are clumsy, but are you that much..?

"y-y/n.." he whispers. "y/n!" Not caring about the unstable ground near the edge, he stepps close and peeks over down. Rocks, water and the greatest height are below. If you or him were to fall..

Two of his biggest fears. Height and water. On top of that, another fear kicks in, one that is still new to him - fear of losing you.

Jungkook is anxious. His hands are shaking, his body trembling and sweating. All he prays for right now, Is for you to be safe.

"y/n!" And he screams, on top of his lungs, hoping to get any kind of answer, that seeming like something impossible right now.

But..

...
Author's note: I'm so sorry for my bad writting, i am trying to write the new chapter as soon as i can, i don't like keeping other people waiting. 👉👈