💭

"Love is a game of tic-tac-toe. Constantly waiting for the next x or o." - Lang Leav 💭

|Chapter 43:"Lovers again."|

"You're alive?"

Hearing his voice through the phone definately woke up some emotions and before knowing it, your eyes build with tears and one slides down.

"O-okay. See you.." you respond and he's the first to end the call. Your hand falls to the side, soon followed by you landing on your knees, while sobbing.

Jungkook immediately runs to your side and kneels beside. The first thing you do is hug him tightly and cry on his shoulder. "He's alive, he's alive, he's alive.." you repeat constantly. Seems like all the guilt you felt melted into water and now it just keeps coming out as tears.

It's really a relief.

Jungkook feels stone being lifted off his chest. He smiles and wastes no time in wrapping his arms around your small figure.

Taehyung watches from the door. He decides to let you two have your own moment. So he leaves the apartment, as quietly as possible.

As he gets in his car, he leans his head on the back of the seat and lets a sigh. His eyes then fall to the side, where a fresh bouquet of roses and a heart-shapped chocolate lies, untouched.

As he looks up at your window, he lets go of every hope he had until now. It's over.

For him, there is definately no chance anymore.

A few days have passed since then. Apparently, Namjoon is supposed to come home today. Jungkook offered to have you as a guest in his house, since you're dying to see Joon again.

It's not a surprise that your mother sounded so happy when you announced that you're coming back home. There was even some happy crying.

So, it's like that now.

You found your old self again. Same one who loves Jungkook deeply. So of course, you accepted his hard work to win over you and now you two are a couple. Doing normal couple things instead of just living together.

It's been one day since you returned to Seoul. Sleeping over at your own home again felt better than expected. And being with your family.

But right now, you're in the same car with Jungkook, who's driving. Seems like you accidentally feel asleep on the way here, as Jungkook lightly shakes your shoulder. "We're here."

You shoot your eyes open and look around. It's been a while since you got to see his house and garden. It's as beautiful as ever.

"Is it really okay if I come? I mean, it's supposed to be family time in your house." You comment and earn a light chuckle from your boyfriend.

"Chipmunk, you're considered as a family member now. I look at you as my wife now, so.."

His words make you blush and he smiles. He's aware of the effect he has on you. "Let's go." He gets out of the car and grabs your hand to lead you inside.