✨ "Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruits." ✨

✨ "사랑없는 삶은 꽃이나 과일이없는 나무와 같습니다." ✨

|Chapter 8:"That's Taehyung?"|

"I don't get how you receive such low scores on tests," you start, speaking to Jungkook beside you while walking downstairs, "you have a great memory and concetration. Why don't you use it?"

Jungkook scoffs. "I can't let everyone see how smart i actually am. It would cause a bigger fuss and i would never be left in peace."

What kind of logic is that?

"Well, you should at least think about it and start attending more classes. It's going to be bad for you if you don't."

"Oh please," he rolls his eyes, "it's not like they can keep me in the same year. All i have to do is remind them of who i am, simple as that."

"It wouldn't hurt if you try to do it on your own, you know." You say.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. I wouldn't even ask you help me if i'm not willing to try." He gets closer to you and pinches your cheek. "Chipmunk."

You slap his hand away. "Alright alright, can you not touch me?"

He slightly bends over to your eye level, looking at them with the same way he did before. He watches you as nothing more than his servant, same old smirk curved at the corner of his lips.

You don't blink, don't move, don't breathe. Just looking at him, waiting for his move.

He then lowers his gaze down to your leg. "How's your ankle, still swollen?"

What? He cares about my ankle? And i thought he already forgot about it..

"I-it's getting better. Doesn't hurt anymore." His eyes lit up.

"Aww are you shuttering? Do i make you nervous, chipmunk?"

"Quit calling me that, will you?" He chuckles.

"Never."

Weird thing is, him having a nickname for you doesn't annoy you that much. You are just pretending because he would think you enjoy this, when you're not.

After being left speechless, you step back. "I'm going then."

Before you go out, you add:"try to study something tonight, we have a test in a week!"

As you close the door, you don't catch the chance to hear him say:"sure thing, chipmunk."

Why does he even care for my ankle? Why does he care for me..?

•~•~•

Walking home, your phone buzzes.

Oh no.. don't tell me wants me back there..

But a wave of excitment rushes through your body as you read the name.