💭

"We are reduced to asking others what we are. We never dare to ask ourselves." 💭

|Chapter 47:"Money and wealth."

Jungkook's grandfather. What in the world is he doing here, especially this early? Sight of his resting sour and serious face is definately not the first thing you would want to see in the morning. That man is just too scary.

Man just spares you a glance before going to sit on the couch. Judging by the look on your mother's face, he wasn't invited in your house nor offered a seat.

Your mom closes the door and your family gathers around the couch, with you remaining in front of your room's door. All of you waiting for him to say something.

Your parents give you a 'who is this' kind of look, and you mouth 'Jungkook's grandpa'. Their faces bright up. They probably thought that he came to talk about your marriage with Jungkook. But you know that isn't the case.

Man manages to put a smile on his face upon seeing your parents having it as well.

"I came to say one thing." He starts. "Jungkook is my grandson, and the only heir of our family. He has to take the responsibility of Jeon's family bussiness in the future. Therefore, his marriage will affect the company's reputation." He pauses.

"In order for Jungkook to become successful in the future,

your daughter, y/n, must leave him."

You knew. You guessed what this is about the same second you saw him. But never thought he would come to your own house just to say that. In your parents' face.

Mention of them, they look quite shocked to just hear that. They thought the completely opposite thing.

"Leave him?" Mom asks. "But why? What wrong with her?"

"Jungkook has to focus on being the leader of our bussiness, to make Our family proud and to become successful himself. Any existence of a girl or a love affair in that period will affect and burden him in a negative way." He halfly speaks the truth. He planns to only remove you, then marry Jungkook with the other girl.

"But y/n's smart!" Your dad intrefers. "And beautiful, good at studies and a good girlfriend to your grandson. Why isn't she good enough?"

"And they love each other very much!" Hoseok adds.

Now it's your turn to speak. "Mr. Jeon, I know you must have your concerns. But I think it's enough as long as we love each other. We've been through a lot. He didn't give up on me, so neither will I on him now."

Man squints his eyes. "I admire your attitude. But I think you already heard of Jeon's family backround, and that you know you're not even close. So I hope you can all keep your distance, since you don't have anything to offer."

The butler, who's been quiet all this time, grabs the men by his upper arm and helps him stand up. Mr. Jeon looks at him and nods. Then, butler takes a piece of paper out of his coat and puts it on the table. Your eyes fall to the paper.

A cheque.. With a very big amount written on it.

"This is a sign of grattitude towards miss y/n, for sticking by Jungkook for so long. I have to admit, that boy changed and matured for that time. So, a little gift for that." He speaks and starts walking towards the door.