💭

"No heart is so hard as the timid heart." - Norman Mailer 💭

"소심한 마음만큼 딱딱한 마음은 없습니다." - 노먼 메일러 💭

|Chapter 39:"Timid hearts."|

"What are you doing here again?" You ask, seeing that too familiar person just a few steps away from the cafe.

"I came to pick you up, what else?" Jungkook defends himself. "Ready to go?" He taps on something behind him and that's when your attention turns towards the thing.

"Where did you get a bike from?" You ask, quite shocked.

Doesn't he have any money?

"Well, I bought it?"

"From which money?"

"Yours..? You gave me some yesterday, remember?"

Oh. So he used the emmergency money. To buy a bike.

That can't be called emmergency exactly, right?

"That was money for urgent situations! I didn't tell you to spend it on the first thing you see."

It somehow makes you angry. Now you have another stomach to fill and another being that needs showers and clothes. That's expensive, in your situation. The money you gave him was not a funny number, but he..

You frown. "You know what, if you can't change some of your habits might as well sleep in front of my door for all I care. I get it, you're not used to saving money because you never needed to, but me and you are two different worlds. I'm eating two small meals a day so I can pay rent. And you have a huge ass appetite. So please, if you're not going to make this easier for me, leave me alone." You fire everything out.

Jungkook looks at you for the whole time with guilty and somehow scared expression. Once you finish talking, he looks down at his feet.

"You're spending money on buss tickets every day. And now that you have to do it for the two of us, I thought it would be easier to have something we can go with. And you to go to work.." he explains. "I could've bought a car but bought the cheapest bike I could find. I thought of it as a good idea, but looks like it wasn't."

Okay, so now, you're definately feeling guilty. He did all that for your good and you just snapped at the poor boy like that.

"I'll return it."

"No no, wait!" You shout and he stops to look at you. "I guess.. we can use it.. since it's already bought."

It makes Jungkook smile. "Take your seats ladies and gentlemans, this airplane is about to start flying!"

He takes the seat and you smile at him widely before sitting behind him and grabbing the sides of his jacket.

It takes no effort for him to start ridding, carrying the weight of both of you with easyness. "Hold on tight."

°√°

"You think it's safe to leave the bike in the hall?" Jungkook asks, viewing you unlocking the door of your apartment.