Chapter Eleven : Fantasy

F A N T A S Y

Isabelle

My phone's alarm rings to wake me up. I roll over with a groan, smacking the bed side table until I somehow manage to turn it off. After peeling the covers off of my face I open my eyes, adjusting to the sunlight that seeps in through the sides of the curtains. Rubbing my face with the palms of both of my hands, I sit up against the headboard, brushing the dry flakes of sleep off my eyelashes.

Despite how tired I am right now, I feel ten times lighter than I did yesterday. It's like those confessions were weights tied to my feet that constantly dragged behind me, weighing me down.

My knees bend underneath the covers and I let out a long yawn, stretching my arms out. The space in the bed beside me is empty and cold. Thomas stayed on the couch last night. A part of me is disappointed because the other part of me hoped he would've come.

Would've he kissed me? Touched me? Would've he wanted to? The thought provokes a heat that tightens around my throat. My mind wanders, coming across the idea of how he'd feel against me. My eyes shut, imagining it, imagining him.

Reluctantly, my fingers slither down my stomach, reaching the band of my underwear. I let out a breathy sigh before I'm stopped my a muffled shriek somewhere else in the apartment.

What am I doing? I wasn't seriously going to do that when his sister and nephew are in the next room, was I?

I chuck the covers off myself, grabbing a clean towel. I quickly dip into the bathroom to take a shower, washing these dirty, wrong thoughts off and out of my body.

Amanda and Rex agree to stay for breakfast which I happily cook for them. I begin to conjure up a fry up, consisting of eggs, bacon, sausage and toast. Thomas comes in and jokes that he's supervising despite not having a clue what I'm doing.

I can't help but feel guilty when I see him. I scare myself, thinking that he'll know exactly what I was imagining this morning which is so ridiculous. He stands behind me at one point, pressing his shoulder gently against my back as he reaches past, grabbing a few glasses. It makes me shiver to the core.

**

"Come on then muffin." Amanda calls for Rex who is too busy flying his toy airplane through the air above his head to be listening. Thomas carries her bag for her while she zips her boots up. "It was so nice meeting Isabelle." She brings me in for a hug. "Hopefully, I'll see you again soon."

"Yeah. I hope so." I squeeze her back. I almost fall over when Rex clings onto my legs, giving me a hug. "Bye Rex." I stroke my hand over his golden head.

"Bye, bye." He pouts sadly. Thomas offers him his free hand which he takes. The three of them head out, Thomas helping them carry the bags down to her car.

I walk back into the lounge, falling onto the couch. I can breathe again.

**

A few days have passed since Amanda's arrival and departure. Things have been mellow here in the apartment. I haven't seen much of Thomas because he's either with friends or I have my head so far into a book that I don't know what's going on in the world around me.

I sit in front of the mirror on my dressing table, styling my freshly washed hair. I'll have to ask one of the girls to give it a bit of a trim around the back because it's grown out quicker than I expected. Holding a smaller compact mirror in front of me, I apply mascara to my eyelashes, my reflection pulling awful faces at me as I concentrate. There's a light knocking at my door.