Chapter Forty Two : Ammunition

A M M U N I T I O N

Thomas

"Why do you always leave your packing to the last minute?" Isabelle questions, skipping back into the bedroom as I get my bag ready for leaving tomorrow.

"Have you finished your packing yet?" I quiz, raising an accusing eyebrow at her.

"Not yet." She grumbles.

"Then you don't seem to have much room to talk, do you?" I point at her.

"Ha, ha." She responds dryly. I continue to pack a messy pile of my shirts into the bag when she bustles in beside me. "Like this, look." She snatches the t-shirt out of my hand and shows me a better, more efficient way of doing it. "See? What would you do without me?"

"Probably have loads of fun, partying and-."

"Okay. That's enough of that." She chuckles, playfully pushing me away.

"Are you excited to go?" I ask, using her method to fold up the rest of my shirts.

"Yeah. I love Christmas." She answers, unzipping her own bag to start packing. "It'll be good to get away and it'll be so nice to see your Mom again."

"She's super stoked you're coming." She grins, happily. I walk across the room to the set of drawers, opening the first one to hook a lacy, black thong around one of my fingers. "You're bringing these right?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

"Oh, I wasn't going to bring any underwear." She shrugs casually. My mouth drops and then she lets out half a laugh. "I'm joking." She rolls her eyes at me. "So gullible."

"Only because you're so believable." I come up behind her and wrap her up into a hug. I bury my face into her sweet vanilla scent. She holds her arms over mine, leaning back into me. "I'm going to make us a reservation tonight." I exclaim suddenly.

"What?" She cocks her head around. "Why?"

"For a date." I explain. "I said I was going to take you somewhere nice for our second date, didn't I?"

"I don't know..." She says uneasily. She turns around to face me. "Aren't you a little... worried?"

"A little." He shrugs, untangling himself from her. "But I don't want anything to spoil my last night in town with my beautiful girlfriend." She looks unsure. "It'll be nice. Just the two of us. Somewhere fancy." I watch her debate it over in her head before letting out a small smile.

"You know what. That sounds pretty nice actually."

"Good." I plant a kiss on the top of her head. "I'll find a place to go." I waltz away and pause before I leave. "Don't forget these." I pick up the underwear again, tossing it over to her. She catches it and I leave her in the bedroom, laughing.

**

I check my reflection out in the mirror, patting down my grey pants. I've picked out a white collared shirt poking out from underneath a black sweater, matching a pair of white sneakers. The restaurant I've picked is formal but not formal enough for me to turn up in a suit.

I take a moment to glance around my old room. I haven't slept in here in forever, it feels foreign to me. It would almost be wrong for me to sleep in here now it's been that long. I leave the room, going to find her.

Poking my head around the door, I see her putting in a pair of gold earrings. She's wearing an all-black jump suit that goes up around the back of her neck, exposing some of her chest. It's tight fitting against her soft skin, sculpting out her slight curves. She's warmed her face up with some brown tones of makeup, a little pink to her cheeks and red lips. She looks up at me underneath a dark set of long eyelashes.