Chapter Twenty Six : Skeletons In The Closet

S K E L E T O N S I N T H E C L O S E T

Thomas

I roll my shoulders out, stretching my arms with a long, tired yawn. I turn over to an empty bed. I prop my head up, checking around the room and in the bathroom. Sighing, I stare at the place where I wish she was laying.

Defeated, I fall onto my back, resting my arm up and over my head. I toss the sheets to the side, letting the cold air of the room settle onto the bare skin of my chest.

God, I would do literally anything to have her beside me again. I have to kick the thought out of my mind before I get too excited.

I rest my eyes, fondly thinking over what happened last night. I can't believe it did. It was better than I could've ever imagined. Not only was it nice to finally sleep with her but it was nice to sleep with someone that I have genuine feelings for. It's an entirely new experience for me.

I sniff and wiggle my nose around to wake myself up. My head turns, my gaze catching my phone that's sitting on the edge of the table. I can't help myself. I sit up against the pillows, bringing it to my ear.

"Good morning." I grin at the sound of her happy voice that answers.

"Hey." I glance over at where she should be. "Are you alright? You weren't here when I woke up."

"Yeah. I'm sorry. I'm at the airport now." She explains.

"Already? You left me here?" I ask, slightly offended. I stand, using one hand to put on my sweatpants.

"You were asleep!" She exclaims.

"You could've woken me." I return sadly.

"Well I thought you'd be tired. It was... a long night." I drop back into the covers of the bed and start smirking to myself.

"Yeah. It was." I hear her let out a nervous giggle. "How are you feeling?"

"Good." She chirps. "Tired, sore but good." I smile at her answer but then she quietens. "Was I okay?"

"I don't want to hear you say those words ever again." I hastily sit up. "It was perfect, you were perfect." I reassure her, softly.

"You would tell me though? If I wasn't?" She asks, her voice quiet with shyness.

"I wouldn't have called." I joke, causing her to chuckle. The sound of her laughter squeezes inside my chest. "Jesus. I can't wait to see you again."

"Me neither. But right now I need to go. I've got a flight to catch."

"You could stay for the week." I suggest, rubbing my hand over my face.

"Thomas, I can't. I'd love to but you know I can't. I have work and studying..." She trails off and a loud sigh escapes from me.

"Yeah I know." I respond, gutted. " Well call me when you get home, please?"

"I will. Bye Thomas." I say goodbye and reluctantly hang up.

**

With a spring in my step, I make my merry way down stairs to where a full  breakfast is being set up along the white clothed tables. I scan around the busy room until I find Mom with Rex on her lap and Amanda sat beside her. I greet them with a grin.

"Good morning!" I take my place opposite them, snatching a croissant from the middle and putting it on my empty plate.

"How was your night, honey?" Mom asks, bouncing Rex on her knee. She looks as prim and proper as ever.