Chapter Thirty : Birthday Suit

B I R T H D A Y  S U I T

Isabelle

Clouds of icing sugar puff up into the air as I start measuring it out into a bowl. I blow out, swatting my hands in front of my face to get rid of it. Carefully, I wiggle the rest of it out until it's at the right amount. My phone starts buzzing on the counter and I see a facetime call from Eva. I prop it up so I'm in frame and answer it.

"Hey!" She greets me. "Oh is this a bad time?"

"No! Not at all. How are you?" I smile, moving the bowl out of view so I can lean my elbows on the work top.

"Yeah we're good thanks. What are you making?" I start to tell her about the cake but a distant voice catches my attention.

"Hang on. Is that Violet?!" A smile etches onto both of our faces.

"It is. Violet come here!" She beckons her over and she pops into view. "We worked things out and she's given me another chance."

"Oh guys, that's so great." I beam, genuinely happy for them. "Well now that everything is sorted, you've both got to come to Sam's birthday dinner. It's a surprise. Wesley is also having a party at his house afterwards but don't say anything to Sam."

"Ooh, that sounds fun!" Violet chimes.

At that moment, Thomas waltzes into the room and I stand up straight looking to him. He smiles and then points to my face.

"You've got a little-." He uses his thumb to brush some of the icing off of my cheek, taking it into his mouth afterwards. Without realising he's in frame, he hooks his arm around the back of me.

"Looking very cosy over there!" Eva shouts out, startling him.

"Oh hi guys!" He laughs and then suddenly stops, pointing at them. "Hold on a second."

"Yeah. We worked everything out." She reiterates.

"Oh sweet, that's awesome." He points to them. "You better be coming tonight."

"Yeah. Isabelle just told us about it so we'll definitely be there." He quickly plants a kiss on my cheek, subtly patting my ass on his way past, after letting me go. He goes around to the other side of the kitchen so I lean forwards again.

"What's the dress code?" Violet asks, hugging Eva from the side as the pair of them sway side to side.

"Nothing too fancy but still nice. Formal but something you can wear to the party afterwards."

"So nothing too casual but nothing too slutty?"

"Sure." I nod with a chuckle.

"Great! Text us the details." They both look to each other, wiggling their eyebrows. "We have some time to catch up on."

"Okay. Have fun. And don't be late!"

**

I adjust my hair, flicking it behind my shoulder as I assess my outfit in the mirror. I've picked out a black, velvet mini dress with long sleeves and a triangular cut out on the thigh. I've paired it with some dainty, golden jewellery and a pair of black strappy heels.

A low whistle sounds, followed by Thomas who enters the room. He has a white shirt on with the top two buttons undone and open, exposing the tanned skin of his toned chest. He's wearing smart, navy pants with a brown belt that matches his shoes.

"Wow. Look at you." I compliment, smiling at him.

"Are you kidding? You look beautiful." His hand finds my side and he goes in to kiss me but I quickly back away.